》Chapter Twenty-Two《

A/N Helloooo hi I'm sorry for the delay in updates. I meant to update yesterday but I got vaccinated and unfortunately, one of the side effects is drowsiness so I had no energy to write. Anyways here's chapter 22 hope you enjoy :) ps. protect yourself and others by getting vaccinated! 

"One heart broke, four hands bloody." -Olivia Rodrigo

-UNEDITED-

---

LEXI'S POV

I stood in Alex's driveway twenty minutes later. 

Somehow I managed to convince myself that returning here to get my phone now rather than later was a good idea. 

I noticed his car that wasn't there earlier was now parked in the garage. I crossed my fingers hoping that it meant his parents had borrowed it and they were now home which would make this interaction quick and harmless. I prayed one of them answered the door so I won't have to see Alex at all. 

The embarrassment of my actions earlier was still fresh in my mind and I don't think I can face him. Not now. Maybe not ever again. 

I let out a shaky breath as I worked up the courage to walk to the door. As I drew closer I could hear the sounds of loud voices arguing. The door was slightly ajar, making it easy for me to overhear the conversation inside. 

I debated turning around and just going home. I didn't want to interrupt a family argument. It was none of my business. I turned on my heels ready to leave when I recognised the voice of the person Alex was arguing with. Jordan. 

My brows furrowed in confusion. Why were they arguing? Did Alex tell Jordan about what happened earlier? Oh God, I haven't even gotten a chance to talk to Jordan yet. I hope he didn't say anything. I needed to be the one to tell him. I owed him that much. 

A loud crashing sound reaches my ear, breaking me away from my thoughts and before I know what I'm doing, I'm pushing my way through the already open door. 

I stand in the doorway, taking in the scene before me. Jordan and Alex were facing each other, both too engrossed in their anger to notice my presence. There's a shattered vase a few inches behind Jordan. I'm assuming it was thrown at him. 

"You're a fucking hypocrite Alex." Jordan laughed but it wasn't the same laugh he used when he was around me. This one was dark and unnerving making me want to leave before they realize I'm here. 

Alex's eyes visibly darken at his words. I watch in horror as he takes slow and intimidating steps towards Jordan. Jordan's eyes widened in panic for a split second before he composes himself, straightening his back and lifting his chin high. Attempting to seem unphased he continued with his taunting, "You can't even defend yourself because you know it's true. You want me to stop using her but it was your idea buddy. You chose her. Or did you conveniently forget that? Do you think she's still going to want you when she finds out?" 

I didn't have time to process his words because within a second Alex's fist made contact with Jordan's face. Then another blow to his jaw. Then another. And another. 

Jordan's face was covered in blood. I felt queasy at the sight. Jordan, who seemed too shocked to block the hits finally strikes back. All I could do is stand there in horror as they fought, too scared and too confused to move. 

I didn't recognize either of them.

---

ALEX'S POV

I grip Jordan's once white t-shirt that was now covered in his blood and maybe even some of mine. I pull him towards me roughly, my voice becoming dangerously deep as my anger seeps into my next words, "Listen here you piece of shit, you're going to leave her alone. Break up with her. I don't care what excuse you have to make."

"Or what?" Jordan replies with a snarky smile plastered across his face. I tightened my grip on his shirt. I was trying my hardest to not slam his head into the wall but he clearly has a death wish.

He laughs again, unphased by my growing anger. He should know better than to underestimate me. "What if I don't want to break up with her yet?" he continues, "I've already invested too much time into this, into her. One more week and I win. One more week and I'll end it." He pulls away from me smiling as he said his next words, "But not before I fuck her."

I was blinded by rage now. I shoved him with so much force he fell flat on the broken glass. "You won't touch a fucking hair on her body." I warned as I repeatedly kicked him in the stomach. He curled into himself like the parasite he is but that didn't stop me. I straddled him as I targetted his face. His cries fell onto deaf ears as I mercilessly deliver punches. 

I was trembling from all the anger pent up inside of me. 

Anger at him for being a douchebag.

Anger at her for being naive.

Anger at myself for causing all of this.

I felt someone tugging at my shirt trying to get me to stop but I couldn't. I couldn't even if I wanted to. I was no longer in control of my body. I saw nothing but white-hot rage. He was no longer a face to me, he was a punching bag that I used as my release.

I stared at Jordan who stopped struggling under me as the sound of sirens wailed in the distance. I heard a soft sob behind me and didn't even need to turn around to know who it was. 

I really fucked this one up.

I stared at my blood-covered hands as the sirens grew nearer.