》Chapter Fourteen《

A/N HEY GUYS! I'm not back but I've managed to find some time to write this weekend but I can't promise quick updates :( I'm trying my best to make some time but I'm also having some really bad author's block so it's tough. This is a short chapter!!

ON ANOTHER NOTE: <<You guys should check out the band above they're great and worth the time trust me!>>

 Anywaysss I hope you guys enjoy! Make sure to vote, comment and follow (: 

"I feel like you're running out of all the things I liked you for." ~The 1975

///

I laid in bed staring blankly at the wall.

I was unable to sleep.

My mind would not let me sleep. It was running wild with possible scenarios that were all graphically horrifying.

After managing to calm my mother down from her hysteric state she explained what had happened.

She received a phone call merely hours before I arrived home informing her that my father was being released from prison. 

Yes, you heard me right.

My father, someone I failed to mention mainly because of all the terrible memories that would come rushing back. 

My father, whose name is Jack in case you were wondering, has been in prison for the past three years and was apparently getting out on good behavior. 

You're probably confused, let me explain.

My father suffers from a mental illness (A/N I don't want to put a diagnoses of a disorder that I don't fully understand and unintentionally offend anyone but I do plan to give him a diagnoses when editing the book after completion). He would have random rage outbursts and take it out on my mother and I. 

We were victims of his abuse for years. I know you're probably wondering why we didn't speak up about it. Well as stupid as it sounds, we loved him. He wasn't always bad.

For the most part he was a good dad. He would take me to the park every Sunday and would even buy me ice cream. On our way home, he would stop and buy my mom roses, her favorite. 

We were happy.

But then things got though. His job was on the line and he started drinking to forget his problems. He stopped taking his medication as they would make him sick when he consumed alcohol and clearly getting drunk was his priority. 

He would come home and take his anger out on my mom and inevitably me when I try to get him to stop. His blind range got the best of him one day causing him to assault a police officer which is how he ended up in jail. So no, we didn't get him arrested and he didn't kill anyone if that was what you were thinking. 

I visited him once, he seemed to be getting better as they made him take his medications in there. You're probably asking why once? I tried to visit him after but I guess the guilt of what he had done to my mother and I was haunting him as he refused to see me.

Now he was being released.

A/N I don't know if this makes sense haha it's unedited and my thoughts are all over the place, I apologize. This was just to let you guys know what's going on with her dad but the next chapter will be better promise!