》Chapter Fifteen《

A/N- I don't want to make any promises but I've been in the writing mood lately so maybe I will be updating sooner than I thought (: NO PROMISES THO! But anyways after the long wait (I'm sorry) here's chapter 15!! Enjoy! ~Celine

"Maybe I'll forget you someday but today's just another Monday." ~Gnash

--UNEDITED--

----

I've spent the last few days in bed.

Missing school wasn't something I liked but I couldn't muster up the strength to get out of bed.

I have no idea what to expect from my father's return.

He's being released tomorrow and I can't help the bad feeling in my chest. What if he decides to stop taking his meds again? What if he starts back drinking? What if what if what if...

My spiraling thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a knock on my bedroom door.

"Ugh come in." I groaned thinking it was my mom.

I pulled the sheets over my eyes to avoid the bright light being emitted from the now opened door. My comfort in the darkness of my blanket however is short lived as it is pulled away from my face.

My eyes remain close as a warm hand caresses my face. I didn't need to open my eyes to know who it was. It definitely was not my mother.

It was Alex.

Only Alex could set my entire body on fire with just one touch.

But why was he here? Shouldn't he be in school?

All these questions flooded my mind but I was unable to voice them. His hand that was still on my cheek is too distracting. His gentle touch- almost comforting, like he just knows I need to be comforted, confuses me.

I didn't want to open my eyes and ruin the moment so I opted to pretend I had fallen asleep, fully prepared to slow my breathing that for some reason was heavier than usual.

It didn't take a genius to figure out why though.

My plan was ruined when Alex's voice suddenly filled my room. "Are you alright?" he asked softly, almost like he was afraid to speak too loudly.

I slowly opened my eyes to look at him. My breath hitched when my eyes met those beautiful hazel ones.

I hadn't realized I was staring at him until he cleared his throat, looking away awkwardly.

Shit I made him uncomfortable. He probably thinks I'm such a weirdo now! How long was I even staring at him? Oh god I'm-

My escalating thoughts were interrupted by Alex repeating his question, probably assuming I didn't hear him the first time.

I sat up, unintentionally causing my hands to brush against his. I hadn't realized he was so close until now and it was making me nervous.

I shifted, trying to subtly move to avoid any contact but it mustn't have been as subtle as I thought as Alex got off the bed, moving to my desk chair.

I felt slightly bad but at least now I can think clearly. Oh right he asked a question. "Yeah I'm fine. Why aren't you at school?" I asked voicing my earlier thoughts.

"Well you haven't been at school for the last couple of days and I- uh Jordan was worried. So here I am, making sure you're okay." He answered.

I looked at him suspiciously, "So why are you here and not Jordan?"