Chapter 18 : Angel

(Warnings: At this point, if you're uncomfortable reading about cheating, I'm sure you stopped reading this fic but just in case: there is some very blatant cheating and lying in this chapter

(Warnings: At this point, if you're uncomfortable reading about cheating, I'm sure you stopped reading this fic but just in case: there is some very blatant cheating and lying in this chapter. Enjoy? Haha. <3)

You loved watching Charlie on stage.

You thought that if he ever decided to branch off from directing, he could make it pretty big as an actor. He was dynamic, handsome, and knowledgeable about what it took to make the scene look perfect. He'd take direction so well. Even how the stage lights hit his face drew you in, on the edge of your seat.

Charlie was pacing slightly, holding his marked-up script close to him as he thought over what he'd just watched. Everyone was staring at him, waiting for his following command. You wondered if he understood how much power he had.

"Something's off. It doesn't feel... passionate enough. I'm not feeling it, at least." Charlie decided, talking to the two actors on stage with him.

He stopped his pacing and landed his eyes on you. He called your name out as if he didn't already have your full attention. "Do you feel it? Their passion?" Charlie asked you, wanting your opinion.

You shifted slightly, always taken back when he randomly asked for your help. Heads turned towards you, listening. "Not as much as I should." You admitted, giving one of the actors an apologetic smile. You were just being honest.

Charlie nodded, hand on his chin in thought. He turned to the male actor on stage. "I know you just met her a few weeks ago," He motioned to the actress across from him. "But the audience shouldn't know that. Right now, we can feel the unfamiliarity. I think that's what it is."

You began jotting down notes in your notebook, almost word for word what Charlie was saying.

"Remember, this is the love of your life. The entire trajectory of your character's story within the bigger picture is her." Charlie was deep in thought now. When he got this way, it was difficult for him even to remember he was in front of people. He was so caught up in his vision for what he wanted.

The actor listened intently, nodding when he needed to.

"You have to sell it to the audience. You have to make them believe that all you want is for her to be with you. Nothing else matters." Charlie was speaking freely, getting his thoughts out.

"You're so close to having her for yourself, but the timing isn't right, and you have to hide your love away. This scene that your characters have alone is extremely important to you because, in the back of your mind, you're nervous you might never get it again." Charlie continued to ramble, glancing over at you for a split second.

As Charlie spoke, you slowly stopped writing, your pen almost falling out of your hand as you realized. Somehow, it became clear to you that he was no longer speaking about the actor's character. But instead, Charlie was talking about you and him.