Chapter 7: Temporary

If you would've attempted to predict how your Saturday night was going to go, having a sleepover at Charlie Barber's apartment was not it.

You also wouldn't have predicted that Charlie was going to be the first man to ever give you an orgasm, on his couch, while his wife was in the next room.

But, shit happens, ya know?

The idea of waking up in the morning and having to face Nicole and Henry had been too much for you. So, the moment that the severe storm warning had been lifted, you decided to get the hell out of the apartment, preferring to sleep in your own bed than on the couch where you had just done terrible things with Charlie.

You sent him a quick text, letting him know that you were heading out. You assumed he was already asleep because it was late and he didn't come out to lock the door behind you (or say goodbye). You made sure to fold up the blankets you'd been using, stacking them with the pillow. You folded Charlie's sweatpants he'd given you as well. But, you couldn't help yourself from keeping his shirt on, taking it home with you.

As you made your way home, you knew you probably looked like you were on a walk of shame and in a way, you supposed you were. When you got on the subway, you were in your little skirt, socks, and a men's t-shirt. As exposed as you felt, no one around you gave a shit. It was New York and that was by far the least interesting thing going on during that ride.

You spent the majority of your Sunday replaying the events of the night before over and over in your brain, it didn't seem real.

You couldn't stop thinking about the way it felt to finally kiss Charlie, the way his hands were all over your body, over your mouth and gripping your hips. It was like he knew just how to touch you, he made you cum so quickly, you hadn't been expecting that at all.

As good as he made you feel sexually, you also couldn't stop thinking about how safe you felt with him. It was ironic because of how dangerous the situation had been, you could've easily gotten caught. But hearing him call you 'honey' and 'baby' and feeling so small in his arms, made your head spin. As dominating as he'd been, he'd also been so gentle and thoughtful, he even fucking thanked you afterwards.

When you talked to your sister on the phone, as you usually did every Sunday, it had been so hard not to spill everything to tell her and tell her what happened. You knew she'd just try to talk you out of it and make you feel guilty for even wanting it in the first place. But she'd been easily able to pick up on your giddy mood:

"You seem...energetic." Erin had said, suspicious.

"I got some exercise yesterday." You lied...kind of.

Erin hadn't been convinced but she dropped it, instead moving on to say, "You aren't still thinking about your boss, are you?"

In reality, Charlie was all that you could think about. You knew you should hate how consumed you already were by him. You should be cautious because he was married and your boss and you barely knew him. But you couldn't help it, he made you so excited and you loved the feeling.

Unfortunately for him, Charlie was in the same boat as you. When he woke up the next morning, a part of him had been disappointed that you weren't still sleeping on his couch. As strange as it would've been, he had been looking forward to bringing you a cup of coffee and maybe some breakfast. But it was unrealistic, it was for the best that you snuck out when you had.

He couldn't believe what the two of you had done but really, he knew it would just be a matter of time. Charlie wanted you so badly and when he realized that you wanted him too, it was almost impossible to ignore the fact that you'd been laying by yourself in the next room.