Chapter 20 : Heaven

(Warnings: Mentions of past abuse but the mentions aren't graphic/detailed. Message me if you want more details before continuing! <3)

    Out of all of the time that you spent with Charlie, you decided that in particular, mornings were your favorite. It almost felt sacred to you. It was part of the ritual of sneaking away together.

    Waking up with your head on his chest and his arms wrapped around you always felt like a mini victory. You made it through the night together. In moments where time alone was scarce, having an entire night dedicated to sleeping in his arms felt like the ultimate prize.

    This morning, Charlie was awake before you. Instead of lazing around with you for hours, he decided to make sure that you woke up to everything you deserved and more.

    You woke up to the smell of coffee and your initial reaction was that perhaps you fell asleep with a candle still lit, which was a bad habit of yours. As your eyes fluttered open, you remembered that you weren't even in your apartment in the first place.

    As you came to, you remembered that not only were you in a hotel room but you were also there with Charlie.

    A sleepy smile formed on your face as you shifted in the bed, stretching your arms over your head and letting out a quiet yawn.

    Across the room, Charlie was putting a plate of food together for you. He'd been nervous that he'd get carried away and eat too much if he didn't set aside some for you to begin with. When he heard the gentle noises you were making, he glanced over his shoulder and grinned brightly at the sight of you awake.

    "Good morning, honey." Charlie greeted you, separating some fruit onto a smaller plate for you. "Did you sleep alright? I was trying to be quiet, I hope I didn't wake you up."

    "I slept so well." You said honestly, dreamily sighing as you thought back to how well you had been able to rest since you were with Charlie. You had only good dreams when your head was against his chest.

    He had his back turned towards you, putting the finishing touches on your breakfast but he was smiling even larger now. He felt the same way. He'd gotten used to sleeping in unfavorable conditions at home so to be able to share a large bed with you was unreal.

    "Coffee? Water? When you're ready for food, I have some for you." Charlie called out to you, popping a piece of cut-up melon into his mouth as he spoke. "I already called off work for us today."

He looked back at you excitedly, swallowing his bite, "We're free."

    You giggled at that as you slowly scooted into a seated position. "Are we laying in bed all day?" You asked and pulled the blanket closer, "Coffee, please, by the way."

    Charlie chuckled, pouring some creamer into your mug. "Do you want to lay in bed all day, angel?" He asked, responding to your question in amusement.

    Your skin flushed with heat at the casual nickname. It felt special when he called you that. He was always affectionate with people he knew well, calling them pet names, but this one was just for you. "Maaaybe." You responded in a sing-song voice.

    He turned towards you, blowing on your steaming cup of coffee to cool it down for you as he approached. "Then, sure, we'll lay in bed all day," Charlie said simply, deciding to do whatever you wanted. He was just so happy to be here with you. He was willing to do anything to make sure you were just as thrilled as he was.

You made a slight hum of happiness as you took the cup from it and began blowing on it yourself, copying what he had just been doing for you. "Thanks." You told him, looking up at him where he was standing on the edge of the bed. "For everything, not just the coffee."