Chapter 15

“WHAT?!?!” the Mistress shrieked. She was furious. Her rage was in full bloom now. God damn that man. He was more trouble than he was worth.  God she’ll kill him. She was going to rip his throat out when she had the chance. She was going to watch him bleed to death. She was going to rip every part of his body apart while he begged for death.

“I’m sorry Mistress,” Petro looked down. He was going to die. He knew it. She wasn’t going to let this one go.

“Yes you will be sorry,” she said softly in his ear. He didn’t even hear her move.  He heard growling.

“I did just as you said,” he said, “I hid upstairs. She sensed me somehow. She ran out the door before I could catch her. She KNEW I was there.”

“Interesting,” his mistress was speaking softly. That was bad. Very, very bad.

“I was taunting her. I didn’t have to say much of anything. Just like you said. She knew it. I saw her. She almost lost control,” he was speaking quickly, “then that dog showed up. He blocked her. But she was still losing it. I knew she was. I saw it. She would have if he hadn’t knocked her out.”

“Very interesting,” she said. She was still pissed. God damn it all. She had wanted that one.  What she could have accomplished with her.  They had taken that bitches children too. She hadn’t been able to find where they were hidden. She was going to have to search harder.

She slammed her fist down on the table. Petro jumped and her pets shrank back. They knew to fear her.  The collars she had those idiot scientists invent worked perfectly. Kept those dogs shifted . But also they worked like shock collars. She smiled. They were fun. If she got bored she’d just torture one. She liked watching them writhe in agony. Nothing but mutts.  Pets to be disposed of when she got bored. They weren’t hard to find really.

There were more than those idiot humans thought. But over the years humans had learned to repress emotions. They had changed. The shifting gene was pushed back and forgotten.  But it was there. Waiting to be brought out. She smiled.

It was easy.  The empire she built over the last two centuries was powerful. But she couldn’t risk being found out about.  By anyone. Humans, Shifters or other vampires.  All would be lost.

She walked around the room with her hands behind her back. She looked like she was thinking. She liked the tension it caused. Liked watching those around her cower in fear. She didn’t know which was worse. The stupid dogs or the idiot vampires.  But she didn’t care. She was a tiny woman at one time. Now a formidable and feared vampire. Her Blond hair was pulled back into a tightly bound bun. She wore nothing but black. It suited her.

She nodded at the guards at the door and they stepped forward and put the idiot that failed in chains.

“Mistress I am sorry I will not fail again! I promise,” he was begging. It sent a thrill racing through her. She loved it.

“Yes,” she said softly, “you will not fail again.”

Outside of that room the unearthly screams were heard.  Vampires and controlled Shifters shrank away and tried to block them out.  None dared show any pity for whomever it was their Mistress was torturing. If she saw, they would be next.

Petro was lying on the floor, convulsing in agony. She licked her lips. It was erotic. Seeing him in so much pain. It brought her pleasure to torture others. To make them beg, plead for their lives. It was too easy now. No one ever fought back. It just made it worse. She frowned. So boring now.

“Take him away,” she whispered, “I think I’ll save him for later. I like the way he screams.”

The guards dragged the half unconscious vampire away. She was hungry still. Not for blood but for pain. The agony she wanted so desperately to quench. She turned and the stupid shifter that was chained in the furthest part of the room cringed.