Chapter 24

She stood outside the compound hidden within the trees. She was going to lose most of her followers but it was worth it to see this place shredded as much as she could possibly get it. Her serum was almost perfected. Right now they could only be out in the day for a few hours before feeling the effects of the sun.

It wouldn't do much damage at first but eventually the effects would start being felt. Her almost flawless grin radiated so much malicious evil that she almost wanted to join into the fray. But she held back. She watched the carnage unfold before her eyes.

She wanted them to know that even thou there were only a few dozen here right now they could inflict some serious damage. Her hazed and mindless were ripping apart anything within reach almost without stopping. One grabbed a human and without breaking a stride ripped the head almost clean off and dropped it while it walked with a purpose.

She could see the shifter she had been after. Even before the attack had started she shifted right out in the yard. Strong one she was.

The female shifter turned and jumped over the hood of the jeep and headed towards two of her Hazed. This should be a fantastic show........

Lydia felt her the growling start in her chest. The snarling that was coming out of her was nothing short of disturbing yet at the same time it felt exhilarating.

She was just about reach one of these monsters when she felt her world slow down. She saw it reaching for her and she jumped to the side, leapt behind it and jumped up onto it's massive back. She grabbed the neck with her teeth and sunk in as hard as she could. She felt it trying to shake her off and with a roar it started trying to buck her off like she was riding a wild bull.

It kept trying to reach behind and grab her but it couldn't quite get to her. Odd thing was she could see everything it was doing in slow motion and she just avoided all of it's grabs. The snarling grew in intensity and she bit down harder. Whatever this thing's flesh was, it was most definitely not skin anymore. It felt like rock encased in leather. She could only get her teeth sunk in precious inches.

She became aware of other shifters as well. Dozens of them she noticed were running towards her and the others beyond her that were climbing over the fence. She could see the sharpshooters in the towers targeting them and taking them out the best they could but some of the bullets were not even piercing their skin.

She whinced as the monsters hand connected with her head and she saw stars. She concentrated with everything in her to keep a hold because if this thing got ahold of her she'd be ripped apart. Focusing harder she concentrated on her jaw and threw everything she had into biting down harder. She finally hit part of it's spine and she panted her paws in the back and started to jerk herself backwards and fling her head back and forth. It's neck started to give and the bellow it unleashed was ear piercing.

It fell to its knees and she heaved once more and pulled cords of leathery skin and grey fleshy tissue that was more like thick grizzle dripping with a greyish ooze. The things head tipped off to the side and I grabbed on to the leftover skin and flesh and twisted my head sideways ripping as best I could.

The monsters head just fell off with a plop and it just stayed there kneeling like it was a statue.

I heard a loud yipping noise from my right and I turned to see one of them had a hold of Jared. Feeling the rage settle in I turned ran a few steps and jumped into its back and did the same thing. This time thou I made short work of it. I concentrated just like before and pooled all my energy into my jaws biting down with a force I didn't know I possessed. I planted my paws on it's back just like before and shook like mad until I felt it's flesh give in my jaw.