6. Isolation

Warning: Gore scene and disturbing content ahead. Read at your own discretion

It was a dark room where Kyrie lost her consciousness and what she saw as soon as she opened her eyes.

'Is this...?'

She tried to raise herself carefully, but her arms and legs were tied up. Kyrie quickly recalled what had happened before she fainted.

'There was an attack on the way home from the WeTrust in the carriage.'

She never thought they would choose the middle of the capital even if they had to do that. As the disturbance outside of the carriage intensified, Kyrie had no choice but to hold MarryAnne and wait in a tense state.

At that time, green snake-like smoke began to creep into the carriage, and she remembered that MarryAnne, who saw it, waved her hand forward.

'Run away, Miss!'

The blue light exploding in MarryAnne's hands was the last thing Kyrie saw.

Kyrie looked around. It was a black, square room. There were no windows, and tapestries embroidered with geometric patterns were hung everywhere.

They were so complicated that she felt dizzy even if she looked at it for only a little while. After seeing the incense lamp lined up at the edge of the room, Kyrie quickly grasped the situation.

'It must be Julia. Controlling me with mind-control magic so that I can be more comfortable with it.....'

After realizing that far, Kyrie shook her body with a sense of blood escaping from her whole body.

'If Nathaniel finds out about this, it's over.'

Kyrie took a quick breath and crawled over to the front of the door with her knees on the ground.

"Is anybody there?!"

She began to shout with a burst of voice.

"Please! Let me go, whoever it is! I have to go back home! Don't let him know!"

She thought she had screamed like that for a long time. However, no one came, and Kyrie's voice was faster to rest than to raise.

"Cough, ugh, cough....! Please...!"

She tried to twist herself to get out of the bondage somehow, but it didn't work. Sweat poured out like rain, and her mind jumped because of the confusing patterns in the narrow room because of the emotional state,

Kyrie put her knees up and buried her face in between. It resulted in a rustling sound in her arms, so she was startled for a moment, but when she looked at it, it was a piece of leaves hidden inside of her collar.

'MarryAnne...'

Kyrie's vision was blurred when she saw the unruly clumped leaves. She clenched her teeth and shook her head.

'I don't think she would have harmed MarryAnne because she'd want to save me and keep using me.'

Kyrie took a slow deep breath and forced herself to remain calm.

'Since I've been fine for so long, there's no problem breathing. I can't get confused for no reason.'

"The shape, the layout, and the decorations of the room must all be for the mind-control magic, so why did I not get enchanted by it?'

'Is it because of MarryAnne's leaves?'

'Or what happened before she even brought it in and tried the magic?'