25. Freedom

Rubinia Orewinbridge, who became the Empress, sat by the window of the temporary office and looked out the window. A lot has happened in the last few days.

The Emperor was found in an half insane state. Even though she looked like a mummy, as if her body had been drained of moisture, she was still alive. Naturally, she was dethroned. With a simple coronation ceremony, Eden Orewinbridge became Emperor and Rubinia became Empress.

And of course, Eden was of little use.

Vallabriga Owrenbridge's magic, which extorts magical powers from others, was cruel. Eden lost his magical powers to his mother, Ginger Orewinbridge, and as a result his body and mind became senile.

(T/N: senile- having or showing the weaknesses or diseases of old age, especially a loss of mental faculties. So in short, he became old)

Government was effectively left to Rubinia. Rubinia was the first to take up a palace that had not collapsed, and prioritized the rescue of the casualties. Surprisingly, everyone the shadow swallowed returned. Considering the original nature of the Legendary Lord, it would not have been strange if they died.

'......she must have changed him, she is that kind of woman.'

Rubinia thought, leaning her back against the window. In fact, all casualties were caused by conflicts between people. True nature is revealed when your life is on the line.

(T/N: what Rubinia is trying to say is that, the reason why all casualties happened in the first place was because the people didn't listen to the wizards and went havoc, so the true nature of a person comes out when their life is on line)

Knock, knock.

As her train of thoughts went up there, Rubinia heard someone knocking on the door.

"Come in."

The door swung open, and Kyrie Buchanan appeared.

"Looks like it's been a while."

She was no longer wearing a dress. There was an aura in Kyrie Buchanan, who wore an ivory-colored robe with long sleeves. She has an aura similar to Legendary Lord.

Kyrie found Rubinia and smiled faintly.

"How have you been?"

"I hit the notices everywhere, and you are coming out now. Where have you been?"

Rubinia grumbled indiscriminately. Kyrie smiled and sat across from her.

"I had business to do."

"Huh. Still being polite."

At Rubinia's words, Kyrie smiled faintly. Rubinia took out a tea cup and offered it to Kyrie.

"I wanted to show you a taste of the tea made by the Empress since a long time ago. Is it delicious? The taste of power is awesome, isn't it?"

"I don't think that power can be conferred to the Duke young lady."

"Is it because you are still more used to this? I'm going to treat you in front of others, so don't make me shy later."

In response to Rubinia's refreshing answer, Kyrie shook her head as if there was nothing wrong with it.

The two were silent for a moment, savoring the scent of tea. The peaceful chirping of birds created a calm atmosphere like a lie.

Rubinia opened her mouth first.

"Okay, Miss Kyrie Buchanan. Are you going to throw away Buchanan's name?"