23. The Eve

TW: blood, gore

The night fell deep as Kyrie Buchanan took her slumber.

When she fell asleep, the Buchanan mansion also became quiet.

Leschaux looked around from the roof of the mansion. The Emperor's army was camping around them. They were not poised for war, but they were exerting pressure on those who walked in and out of the Buchanan Mansion. Leschaux's role was to keep them in check.

Standing tall on the rooftop, Leschaux saw Nathaniel walking out of the main gate from the bottom. Unlike usual, he was not walking smoothly.

Standing in front of the army, Nathaniel stood slanted in a lazy position.

[Hello.]

He said hello in a drowsy and relaxed voice, like a drunk or drugged person. A person who appears to be the chief of the army came forward. He seemed to be flustered.

"Do you have any business?"

[Yes.]

Nathaniel replied weakly. Leschaux took out his sword because Nathaniel's action was strange. If Nathaniel used his strength in the mansion, he knew that he had to stop him for even for a moment. However, contrary to his thoughts, Nataniel uttered a sigh-like whisper.

[I am supposed to go out with Kyrie tomorrow.......I think she'll be surprised to see you all. I want you to step back.]

The chief raised his hand. The army held out their swords to Nathaniel without an answer. Nathaniel burst into a mad laugh.

[I see.....I guessed so.]

Nathaniel slowly pulled out his cane like pulling out a flower and it changed to the sword.

[Let's finish it quietly. I don't want to wake her up.]

After a confrontation enough to swallow the dry saliva, the soldiers rushed in. There was no shout. The soldiers all clenched their mouths and moved their swords as if they were determined to kill.

And Nathaniel stitched their swords together.

"This, this...!"

The soldiers opened their eyes wide. It was an unpredictable behavior.

[It's been a while since we had a fight like this....]

Nathaniel muttered. He wiggled his body, drawing his blood, and then started walking, threaded through the swords. The sword blade, which had been clumsy between the ribs, ripped the skin and bounced off the floor with a popping sound. Even in the midst of it, the blue-eyed gentleman was relaxed and looked like a mountain breeze.

A soldier shouted and hit Nathaniel on the neck with a sword. His throat cracked. The cracked neck seemed to spill black blood, but it stuck back to the body as if it were connected to living clay.

[It doesn't look good when it falls.]

The soldiers began to cry out in fear.

"Devil...You devil!"

"Y, You fooled us!"

[Well, you've always called me a god or a devil]

"Die! Please die! Oh, my god!"

[That's my name too.]

Blood from Nathaniel turned black in front of the mansion. Leschaux tightened his grip on his sword. He watched as Nathaniel started piercing the heart of the soldiers surrounding Buchanan's mansion.

[Haha.]

Rarely, Nathaniel even laughed out loud.

Finally, the chief screamed.