19. From Paradise to Hell

Kyrie stroked the flowers a few more times and turned to Bund.

"Bund. If you don't mind, can you plant this?"

"Don't you want to take it?"

"I will feel bad if it dies while taking it. Trees should grow on the ground."

In the first place, Nathaniel was a person who didn't care about how to deal with gifts. She wondered if she should make some jewels with the seaside pebbles he gave her, however, out of courtesy, Kyrie turned to Nataniel.

"Can I do that, Nataniel?"

The cloudy-faced Nathaniel replied a little late.

[As you wish.]

The low voice was completely subdued differently than before.

'Did I make it too obvious?'

Kyrie slightly put her hand on her cheek at that thought. She greeted Bund and Eve with her face covered. With the words that she will visit them when she's done with her work.

Again, only two of them are left. Bund told her the way to the village. The time while going to the village was very awkward.

It was even more so because it became unusually quiet after Nathaniel brought the flowers. He walked ahead with a very complicated look. Whether his usual relaxation was calculated to imprint his superiority on his opponent, but now, he seems to be distracted, it felt like a dense and meticulous anticipation is surrounding Nataniel.

Kyrie let him fall into thought to his heart's content. Immediately after receiving the Jacaranda flower, she was ashamed to react too liberally. She straightened her face right away, but it must have been a little embarrassing because Nathaniel looked very embarrassed.

'Stop thinking of the past.......'

Elsus holds the Jacaranda Festival in spring. There was only one time she appreciated purple flowers colored all over the street with her parents, it was the only time that no one fought and no one raised their voice and it still remained strong in her mind.

'Anyway, I should have been careful.'

In the capital, Sel Arellano, it is difficult to see Jacarandas. It had been a long time since she saw it and Bund's house is a very comfortable place that must have been a relief. The place is always been invisible to Nathaniel, but the sight only made Kyrie's steps became faster

Nataniel suddenly opened his mouth long after.

[Flower]

"......."

[I didn't know you liked it.]

She wondered what he was thinking so hard about, but what came out was the story of flowers.

'As expected.'

Kyrie closed her eyes at her mistake and answered without stopping.

"Well? It's not that I am unaware that I like it a lot to the point that I don't know what to do."

[You didn't know what to do?]

"...Of course. Nobles don't do that, right?

Fortunately, there was no embarrassment in her voice.

[Oh.]

The embarrassment seemed to have come from Nathaniel. He spilled a meaningless sound. His expression got a little serious. Something seemed to be unpleasant. Being speechless again, he spoke after sometime as if he were tossing.

[Then I'll give you Elsus]

Kyrie, who was walking earlier, slipped.

"Wait. What did you just say?"