20. Giving Up

As soon as Kyrie entered the Buchanan mansion, MarryAnne threw the broom and rushed to Kyrie.

"Lady! I'm glad you're okay! MarryAnne was...!"

MarryAnne, who hugged Kyrie, paused. Kyrie's face looked like a corpse when she looked up. Her sunken eyes and dark blue complexion were not a living person at all.

Then, when MarryAnne made eye contact with her, the force of being dragged out in reality belatedly and giving a forced smile. It really looked grotesque

"You are safe, MarryAnne. You worked hard."

MarryAnne shook her chin and looked behind Kyrie. There, Nathaniel stared at Kyrie with a frightening silence. Unlike usual, the atmosphere surrounding him was disturbing.

MarryAnne clenched her teeth and led Kyrie.

"......Go in, miss. I'll prepare a bath."

Passing through the hallway of Buchanan's mansion, Kyrie slowly came to life. Her complexion returned, her posture became stern, and her lowered eyes were hazy.

It wasn't 'because it's okay.' It's just that she took a proper posture. She is Buchanan, and it was Cesar Buchanan's education that always said to act like a nobleman. MarryAnne heart tinged with sadness.

"....Anne tried hard to find the lady, but I couldn't. So I put my lady's order first. MarryAnne protected the carriage, and protected the frozen mustache man and the crazy mister."

"Good job. Thank you, MarryAnne. What about the Crown Princess?

"The wizards didn't attack that way. I was going to check the condition with magic as you told me to, but it bounced off with a bigger magic..... sorcery and magic are similar but different."

"Yeah... As expected, it was conspired."

Kyrie's chin shook as she answered as if reading a written text. MarryAnne walked down the hallway as if she were guiding the dead body by holding its hand.

Nathaniel disappeared somewhere while Kyrie and MarryAnne were talking. A few minutes after he disappeared, Anne raised her head in surprise.

"Nataniel cast a protective spell on the mansion."

"So..."

"Then you can move around freely in the mansion."

"In the mansion?"

"It might be dangerous outside. The royal palace is weird."

"Did something happen?"

"I was going to tell you that. The magic of the magic corps I met in the forest, and the magic of the royal palace right now......."

They were in the bathroom. MarryAnne whispered softly, helping Kyrie take off her clothes.

"It's not ordinary magic. It's a very old, excellent, original, and genius technique."

Kyrie slipped into a bathtub filled with hot water. Still, her stiff body didn't loosen up easily. MarryAnne continued, swallowing goosebumps at the bizarre appearance of an expressionless Kyrie in the transparent water.

"The magic that humans use was originally made by dragons. But now, the magic of defending the royal palace is very independent. MarryAnne can't even interpret it. And it's very dangerous....."

"If you can't do it, then it must be of Vallabriga's"

It was the moment when Curie, who immersed herself in hot water after a long time, handed over her hair. There was a knock on the door. Even after hearing the sound, Kyrie hugged her shoulder for a while and crouched deep in the water.