TO BE FRANK.

( best read in hoefler font, smallest/second to smallest size)

The story of a bookworm, her cat,
and a mean one-eyed boy.

˚₊⁎

A daily dose of monotony was, and will always be, a form of neurological paralysis. Good in pitiful drops, but absolutely horrendous in heavy saturation for poor Juliette Bellemare's prose-riddled brain. And it may be a relief to some, perhaps, if their days were nothing but the contrary and Juliette wished, begged for that matter of fact to be the case for her since moving to London as a child had not been in her greatest favor. Overshadowed by her older brother Marc's constant achievements, she finally has a chance to show her parents her true potential when she gets into the same honors program at her brother's grammar school. And yet, once again, she receives the short end of stick.

SCENE:
a slow mid-afternoon Wednesday in the Bellemare
residence in Kensington. Uncharacteristic as the
early August heat was forgiving for once,
not even a cloud in the sky nor a drop of rain.

ACTION:
Juliette's expression falls when
she receives the news.

Perhaps she had taken her time here in London for granted when she realised the impending (and quite inevitable) move back to her hometown, St Jean d'Angely. She were to live with her grandparents and assist her grandfather in taking care of her ill grandmother amongst other things like running their used bookstore and attending a mixed gender school, the first of its kind in her area of La Rochelle.

          It was not the idea of attending school with boys that irked her, no. She was no prude and lived in London for god's sake, where a good portion of their schools had been co-ed for years. No, it was the idea of feeling like an outsider again in a place she once called home. Once familiar faces were no longer present, the change of what the town looked like no longer aligning with her memory, and surely the lack of female classmates would cause a great deal of discomfort.

      There was a fine line between such—comfort and monotony—and if it were not for a rude, immature, bully of a boy with the handsomest smile she had ever seen, would she had expected her small hometown to be quite the opposite of boring.

˚₊⁎

olivia hussey... Juliette Bellemare

 Juliette Bellemare

bonbon... the siamese

 the siamese

— WITH —

Jacob Elordi, Marc Bellemare
Amelia Zadro, Laurie Baker
Callum Turner, Dean Robinson
& the rest of the Mixte 1963 cast

˚₊⁎

WARNINGS !
crude language, violence and assault,
anxiety and mental illness, blood and
self harm (!), badly written angst, sexual
content, the slowest burn romance,
period-typical misogyny, insufferable
academic talk, mutual pining,
and canon divergence.

DISCLAIMER !
this is a piece of fiction. i do
not own mixte 1963 or any of the
characters besides my own.
© aetiologies | 2024

STATUS
started: jan. 11
ended: tbd

˚₊⁎

      AUTHOR'S NOTE !
call me late to the game but i have been suffering through mixte 1963 brainrot these past couple weeks and i think i've genuinely ran through every last piece of fanfiction through this goddamn app so here's my rendition. this fic will follow a good portion of the show but will diverge from the plot here and there to truly make this a proper slowburn just how i like it lmao.

i need pining, i need confused feelings, yearning stares from a distance, i need banter and teasing, tension so thick you can cut it with a knife, self-indulgent enemies-to-lovers (but not really), just for funsies, quench my thirst for domestic romance, casual love story.

with that being said, i was heavily influenced by olivie blake if you couldn't tell lol. i also love olivia hussey, especially in the 1968 version of romeo and juliet and it seemed fitting to make her the main faceclaim. however, feel free to imagine juliette as you like! and since i am a massive fan of the classics, there will be a lot of talk about literature as our mc is literally obsessed with franz kafka, dostoyevsky, and baudelaire just to name a few. just a little heads up to those who aren't aware of their works.

anyway, i hope you enjoy this piece of work,, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated as this is my first story on wp <33

— fei.