CHAPTER SIX, gym class villain

CHAPTER SIX
gym class villain

CHAPTER SIXgym class villain

˚₊⁎

Juliette's expectations were low. Too low in the way she was willing to give the gym teacher the benefit of a doubt, but this... this was profoundly disappointing and utterly laughable. The bar was not on the floor, no, it was at least in the first circle of hell in Dante's Inferno.

The four girls' necks stretched as they followed the length of the rope as it was attached up to the ceiling. Disbelief soaked into their eyes like tar.

     "They get to play handball and we get this?" Simone mutters with disappointment lacing her words.

A huff escapes Juliette's lips as her eyes scan around the gymnasium, following the boys toss the ball back and forth until one of the teams score. They cheer briefly before a thrown ball smacks Applebaum right on his head, the impact throwing him off his equilibrium as he crashes to the floor. Juliette holds back a gasp, slapping her hand over her mouth to hide a snicker.

"Guess I will go first," Annick announces, brushing past Juliette and shakes her out of the distraction.

The blonde ascends the rope in short bursts, but she is smooth at each reach. There was not even a single sign of struggle in her movements as her energy is maintained and her breathing is calm.

Simone takes the bottom of the rope and holds it in place, staring up at Annick in awe. "She's even good at gym," she sighs, "maybe she's Marilyn Monroe's secret daughter."

Juliette and Michèle giggle at her comparison, "I know, I've been trying to get her to admit it," Juliette jokes but Simone's visage only hardens in seriousness.

"I mean it, Juliette, even you! I swear you guys not like us," she shakes her head and exclaims, "your skin is perfect. It's like you two are straight of out Hollywood." Simone pauses then, admiring Juliette's emerald green eyes, her high cheekbones, and smooth hair, "have you considered acting?"

She lets out burst of laughter as her cheeks heat in a dusting of light pink. "You always know what to say, Simone," Juliette muses with a smile.

Juliette had always been a listener rather than a talker. It was both a blessing and a curse in the way she always thought twice about what words would come out of her mouth, but hated when she would always hold herself back in situations where she should've spoken up instead. Otherwise, she preferred listening to others, especially those who had a natural talent of banter and witticisms like Simone. The only bad part about this is if Juliette were to be ever caught in an endless conversation with someone who had less personality than a toothbrush.