CHAPTER TWO, the physical jerks

CHAPTER TWO
the physical jerks

CHAPTER TWOthe physical jerks

˚₊⁎

A prudent catholic school nun with an affinity for slapping children on the wrist seemed like the better instructor to have than the current witch that stands before Juliette and her class.

    Bluebeard—as so Juliette learned from Henri Pichon just a few moments ago—has the poor boy scrambling out of his seat and towards the back of the room. Towards the very seat Juliette found herself in now, well... not for very much longer.

    "And you?" Mrs Giraud's voice bellowed through the still classroom air, "Mademoiselle...?"

    "Juliette Bellemare, madam," her voice was quieter than she anticipated.

    "Well, mademoiselle Bellemare, I need you to switch seats with monsieur Pichon," a beat barely passes. The words did not even register fully in her head when Giraud shouts, "Now!"

    Juliette flinches, though the moment was very slight. She gathers her things quickly, eyes meeting Pichon's across the two walkways. He held an almost apologetic look in his eyes, as if it was his fault of them being under the scrutiny of Mrs Giraud. Despite her lack of interaction with any of the boys in this school, her very brief conversation with Pichon on the way to class was enough to show he at least had some sentiment of humanity. As for one, he actually talks to the girls like a normal person.

    The faintest of smiles forms on her lips only for it to melt away within a second as Pichon trips, the sound of a snorting pig following with it. Juliette stops in her tracks as laughter erupts in the classroom. Worry flashes over her face until relief floods quickly through her veins when he manages to catch himself before falling. At least then the humiliation ended once he finds his seat.

    Her gaze, soft at first, hardens as it falls onto the boy who tripped Pichon once she reaches her seat. It was the same one from earlier this morning, giving her the same smirk that made her hands ball into a fist. Now she knew what that look meant, mischievous and annoyingly immature that charged something within her. A fury, if you will, but Juliette knew she would never go as far as to blow a gasket full of it. This boy is not worth any of her time.

    She frowns at him before taking her seat.

˚₊⁎

Out of habit, Juliette finds herself fiddling with her fingers as boredom sears over her mind and body. She likes to consider herself a good enough student, one that pays attention, does her work diligently, and gets good grades. And yet, even the best students have their moments as her mind drifts in and out, over and around. She wonders if Dean and Laurie were placed in the same home room again, or perhaps the administrators finally decided that their faculties' sanity was worth the effort to split the two from each other.