Chapter 4: Something's wrong with me

Previously on My King on The King

...... If Mia's earring was lying near this path, it could only mean that.....

'MIA HAD BEEN ON THIS PATH!!'

         Jungkook walked along the path hoping to find Mia. It was a narrow and shabby straight road. In between it went downhill and in between it went uphill. It was one weird ride walking down that road. It was pretty scary as the place didn't receive enough sunlight. Almost like a Dark World. He would be lying if he would say he didn't feel cautious of his surrounding. 

The road kept on leading on a straight path that got narrower and narrower as he went ahead. He must have travelled a mile by now. Suddenly the path reached a much narrower turn. Jungkook wondered if he must go there. But by the thought that Mia might be out there, he made the call to keep going ahead. 

Soon he was out of that turn and his gaze shifted up. His eyes in pure shock of what laid ahead, an abandoned research facility. He gulped at the horrifying condition of the research facility. He kept starring for a long while. 'Jungkook, snap out of it. Go in and search for Mia you idiot' Jungkook said to himself. 

Taking small and cautious steps help you reach your success without obstacles. Similarly, Jungkook took small and cautious steps as he headed inside the research facility. The place looked like it was in ruins. Until a his eyes met a part of the facility from where he could here sounds of equipments and people working.

Taking a deep breathe, Jungkook walked towards this side of the facility. He saw many scientists working on a machine inside a glass cubicle. What caught Jungkook's eye was a glowing cube that was placed carefully on one side of the machine. Jungkook was mesmerized by its beauty but he didn't let it become an obstacle in his search for Mia.

He slowly tip toed past the hallway. His eyes looking all around for any clue. Suddenly his eyes fixated themselves to an open door. He peeped in and saw a dark haired, god like dressed man explaining something to a girl. "Now that you are on my side, you must not get distracted." He said. "Yes Loki." Jungkook heard the girl's voice say. His heart dropped. This beautiful, enchanting voice belonged to Mia.

His heart shattered more and he saw her walk out the room from another door. His eyes had just confirmed what his ears had told him. His anger took over him and he crashed into the room making godly man, Loki, to turn around and notice him. "And who may you be? Maybe someone I can use. Perhaps you will be a very useful brat under my control." Loki said walking towards Jungkook with the scepter.

Jungkook understood that Mia was under Loki's control due to the scepter too. This made him even angrier. He dodged before the scooter touched his heart and kicked Loki right in the groin. Swiftly moving his hands to to push his elbow into Loki's back and then placing a neat pinch in Loki's stomach. Loki immediately stood up straight. No way!! No one can stand up so straight and normal after being punched in the stomach and elbowed in the back.

"Oh dear, my bad I haven't introduced myself yet. I am Loki, of Asgard and I am burdened with glorious purpose." Loki said with an evil grin. "Asgard?? As in the home of Thor?? That makes you a God too doesn't it?" Jungkook asked. "Well I am a God and I am Thor's adopted brother." Loki said as he stressed on the last three words. "What do you want?" Jungkook asked. "Well nothing much, I just want to establish my reign that would bring glory to Earth. It is my rightful and humble duty as a benevolent God." Jungkook grit his teeth upon hearing what he said.