simons eyes on him

Wilhelm was walking down the hallway. In two minutes his first class of the semester would start. And after a few more steps he was going to see if Simon was there too. Wilhelm walked in through the door and looked around waiting to see his face somewhere, but no. Sara was there sitting next to Felice who smiled at Wille when their eyes met, but no Simon. 'Where is he?'

There were 3 empty seats in the classroom. two were next to eachother in front of Felice and Sara's desks, and one was in the back of the classroom next to Henry. Wilhelm decided to go to the back. Henry was nice. He was lowkey so he didn't attract much attention. Very different from Wilhelm at that moment.

"Can I sit here?" Wille asked and Henry nodded encouragingly. Wille sat down and just stared at his desk. He could feel looks coming from every direction and it made him get more anxious by the second.

Then he heard footsteps from the hallway and someone walked into the room. Wille pulled his hair back and looked at the door. There he was, standing, looking like he had been stopped by an invisible wall. The only person Wille wanted to see at that moment. Simon was looking straight at him. With Simons eyes on him everything else became irrelevant, all the sounds faded into nothing and every other person and furnatute in the room blurred together. That was their perfect moment, just theirs.

That perfect moment lasted for about 7 seconds. Then the teacher came into the classroom ending it. Simon took his eyes off of Wille and went to sit in one of the two empty seats. Every sound came back to Wille. Everyone else in the classroom had felt the moment and the tension too. It was not just theirs anymore. People were whispering and at that moment, Wilhelm wanted to just disappear. Atleast now he knew Simon was there.