Chapter 16

March 5, 2042

Skies near Vale
Boeing E-3 Sentry

"this is AWACS callsign Magic, to all aircraft. Command has given the orders to bomb any groups of Grimm and support any ground units defending the city."

"AWACS, this is Ripper 1 to 8, copy that."

"This is Joker 1 to 8, Roger."

"Inferno 1 to 8 copies all."

March 5, 2042

City of Vale
1550 hours

In downtown Vale in the central plaza, RWBY found themselves surrounded by Grimm on all sides. The Creepers and Beowolves nudged forward as the Ursae licked their lips, savoring the meal to come. RWBY held their ground and clutched their weapons, waiting for the moment to strike.

Suddenly, the King Taijitu screamed and all the Grimm charged.

Ruby jumped into a pack of Beowolves. She stabbed the ground with her scythe and wall-ran in a circle using the Beowolves as her wall. The triangular point at the end of Crescent Rose did a sufficient job in scratching the muzzles of the Beowolves, but then Ruby used them for her wall-running. She stomped on each one as hard as possible until her momentum finally swung Crescent Rose free and in a great arcing swing, she separated the Beowolves from their legs.

Yang jumped onto the head of a Creeper and used it to jump high into the air. As she flew back, she filled the ground with Dust shots from Ember Celica, blasting Creepers and Beowolves until three Nevermores came at her from behind. They knocked her to the ground. Yang was slow in getting up from her fall, but as an Ursa went to capitalize on her pain, her eyes turned red and she unleashed a fury of punches on the beast.

Blake meanwhile beat back a Beowolf with Gambol Shroud's sheathe before stabbing it through the brain. She transformed her weapon and shot any and all Creepers as they got too close.

Weiss fended off a Beowolf before creating a giant sword out of ice Dust willing it into a pack of Grimm, slicing them apart.

Team RWBY's fight was proceeding well, but the Grimm were many and they kept closing their ranks around the girls. Ruby inched backward while fighting off several Creepers to find herself front and center with the King Taijitu. It screamed at her. Ruby recoiled until she heard an incredibly loud shot above the city. An F/A-18F Super Hornet screamed down
Dropping Mk80 unguided bombs. Mulitple Grimms were killed.

"TALLY HO, MOTHERFUCKERS!" Weapon System Officer Major Gerald Wright exclaimed. "Alright, all aircraft commence strike mission."

"Joker Flight copies all."

"Reaper Flight, Roger."

"Inferno Flight, Copy."

Then 23 more Super Hornets came out of the sky and dropped more bombs.

Ruby and the gang watch as Aircraft from the US Navy starts their bombing run.

"Its them!" Ruby exclaimed.

"What?" Yang said. "Ruby, What are you saying. Who's 'them'?"

"It's the Americans!" Ruby ran to where the Super Hornets went but was blocked by a King Taijitu and more Grimms. That's when Nora came flying in, riding her hammer right toward the gigantic serpent. She nailed it right in the head before jumping back and joining the rest of her team as they fell from the airship.