Explaining why...

I once again read your comments and a lot of them are saying America will destroy Atlas. But some are explaining why America can't be attacked.

And so in order to answer their question how.
This is it.

So, many said that America can't be invaded. But if you put the US in a position where it occupies all of North America. There would be problems.

Problem no.1: They can't constantly patrol their coast.

The US Navy and Coast Guard can't keep on patroling the US coast. This is due to ship overhauls, maintenance and others. They have a fleet of spaceships but they also won't be available due to new but sensitive components. They have many ships but most of them will be at docks for overhauls, maintenance or deployed far away.

Problem no.2: Stretched thin

The US military is stretched thin due to its geographical composition. As i said, not all of the US is protected. And with the Unified combatant commands their military can't constantly be where the government wants.

Problem no.3: geography

The North American Continent is filled with vass mountains, desert, forests, and if you add Central America, jungle terrain. The US won't have time to get their forces in time due to the terrain.

These 3 problems would plague the US only for a month or so. And after those months the US can finally counter Atlas's attack.

'But mr. Author, what about the satellites the US have?'

Satelittes won't be useful if your enemy is using the clouds as cover. Unless, if you go there yourself or use air or ground radar.

'But mr. Author, what about nukes?'

The US doesn't use nuke to retaliate this kind of attack. The US has a different aproach when it comes to their nuclear arsenal. They are not like the USSR.

They don't use their nukes to destroy an army. Its like your fighting an enemy with a knife while you have a tank.

'But mr. Author, what about their projects and superweapons?'

The US would utilize them in a way that logistics won't be a problem.

Using them as technology demonstrators or produce in small numbers.

The superweapons won't be used as seen i  ace combat. Instead, it would be of use to support units if reinforcements can't arrive or won't arrive to help them.

US using their technology is like Atlas using their military. And as how would General Shepherd would say. "Sure it matters who's got the biggest stick, but it matters a helluva lot more who's swinging it."

Its not all about America winning by spamming nukes, its about how they use their military as it is. And what available forces that they can deploy.

'But mr. Author, how did Atlas even attacked Seattle?'

Like what every nation do to have a distinct advantage over their adversary, improve their military capability.

I mean, how did this not even went to your brains.

Whether its in fiction or not, nations make new technologies to be somewhat on par with their adversary.

I did this because this book would become the same as other books about the US in Remnant.

Yes i did made the US OP. But, there is an explanation as to why i did that.

Most of it is to give the US an advantage against the Huntsmen and Atlas.

So, before you guys comment that the US is Invincible. You have to think of their disadvantages before you guys mention their advantages. And as Lao Tsu said. "There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent."