Between a rock and a hard place

The rock under her paws was cool and wet, the sea was crashing around the lion, splattering her clothes with droplets of salt water. Alex's fur was soon drenched, but that was alright, at least she had escaped from the Yonko's ship. This was so much better, she grinned smugly and shifted back, standing up right. While the rock was small, jagged and led no where, but the girl was chuckling, tossing a leering glare in Whitebeard's direction.

She stuck her tongue out "Nahahaha! I got away!" She bounced on the slimy stone surface, which almost caused the kid to slip into the ocean, she immediately straightened, coughing a little, trying to pretend that did not happen. In response the man gave her a half-lidded look, from where Alex stood, she could almost make out a bemused smirk. That definitely bugged her more then it should have, the familiar angry gut wrenching irritation came out in her voice as she shouted "Sail away!"

"You're stuck in the middle of the ocean on a tiny rock, I'm hardly going to listen to a foolish brat like you." The Yonko said dripping with sharp pointed snark, he was watching the kid through a lazy bored glare, it made Alex bristle and despite having gotten away from the man, her fear started to surface again anyway, she tried to hide it under an angry retort "Go away dumb old geezer!"

He gave the kid a raised eyebrow, shrugging indifferently. Alex noticed a couple of people had started surrounding the man, there was one in particular she recognised. He had blonde spiked up hair, his eyes were lazy and tired, as if he had been up all night. That was undoubtedly Marco the Phoenix, she often saw his bounty poster lumped in with Whitebeard's, that would make sense since he was supposedly his first mate or something. Though the guy was much younger then she expected, maybe in his 20's, the bounty poster had made him look much older.

A much louder man came along, shouting angrily about something, he seemed to be wearing a chef outfit, he had long brown hair pushed up into a extravagant hairdo. Alex didn't recognise him, though he was probably the ship's cook, it's not like he would be in a situation to get a bounty poster, right? He was probably mad because she'd stolen the kitchen food.

Oh well, I was on a rock in the middle of the ocean, what was he gonna do, jump over here and smack me with a frying pan? She sniggered at that thought, the very idea of a pompadour man in a fight was hilarious to kid. To be fair he could probably knock someone out with just the hair gel alone, he had caked it on so much.

"HEY YOU! YOU STOLE MY FOOD OUT OF MY BLOODY FRIDGE!" The pompadour man roared, he was leaning over the railing, trying to get as close to the girl as possible, all the while waving his arms around in a rage.

Alex stuck her tongue out, eye full of mockery, she was staring at his stupid hairdo bouncing up and down, kind of like how a bird would flap its wings. She burst out laughing, she couldn't take this guy seriously. This only seemed to make him madder, so mad in fact that he tried to climb onto the railing, he was dragged off by a guy? Girl? Some person in a kimono, the pompadour man was quickly shut down by the person, they clearly did not take anyone's nonsense.

This actually made the kid shut up. She came to the realisation that maybe she should keep her mouth shut, these guys were pirates and not just any pirates, this was a Yonko's crew.

Where's my stupid self-preservation?

Alexandra shrunk putting her guard up once more. That stupid old man had gotten her all worked up, she had to remember to use her brain, she had to be smart about this. Just because Alex was off the ship, didn't mean they weren't dangerous, she was still very much in range to be blown up with a canon ball or even skewered by a well aimed spear.
She remembered Whitebeard had lobbed his weapon straight at Sengoku's chest...