Porcupine

"I still want to know why you have an anchor, yoi" Marco asked deadpan, his eyes focused on Alex, it made her want to squirm. Well at least he wasn't being mean, that was something at least.

"Yeah what's up with that?" Haruta chimed in, they were sat crossed legged, a cheeky grin spread across their face. The grey thing they were lent on shifted a little, a small movement hardly even noticeable.

"I- I think I stole it..." Alex stammered out, she wasn't entirely comfortable talking, especially now Marco was here, but it was probably in her best interest to answer his question.

"What? Why?" Namur said with a frown and a tilt to his head, he still looked exhausted, the dark bags under his eyes were plain to see. Once again she felt guilty for keeping him up.

"The fisherman were mean..." Alex replied, she kept the response simple, her nerves were shot again causing her voice to come out a little higher than normal. It made the girl incredibly annoyed, why couldn't she sound normal! She couldn't show weakness, definitely not to a pirate like Marco.

"So you stole their anchor? What did they do to deserve to have something so important stolen, yoi?" The bird said in a sharp voice, it sounded sharp to Alex anyway. She was slowly getting irritated by his dumb beak face, why did he have to ask her stuff?

"They made me scrape barnacles off the underside of their ship in a storm. I can't swim! I almost drowned, but they threatened to throw me overboard if I didn't!" Alex snapped angrily, she did not need this stupid bird's judgement!

The girl stopped, wait when was the barnacle thing? That fisherman captain was the old geezer with the peg leg, she remembered that particular detail, because he had kept calling her one eye, so when she had called him one leg out of spite, he'd gone off the deep end. He had told her she was disrespectful, so as a form of 'Discipline' he'd tied a rope around her waist and dropped her off the edge of the ship and told her to scrape off all the barnacles by the end of the day or she'd be tossed in the ocean.

Talk about double standards...

"Oh.. wait. That was the steering wheel I took from them..."

"You took their steering wheel, that's almost as bad as taking their rudder, yoi" Marco said with a frown, he sat up a little, readjusting his wings into a more comfortable position. Licks of blue flames sparked at the movement, it was oddly fascinating to watch, the girl wondered how he could sit on a wooden ship and not set it alight.

It would be nice if that happened to the stupid ship once she was off of it. Along with stupid Whitebeard.

"I stole a rudder too. But that wasn't from those guys" Alex muttered, looking away in slight nervousness. The prickle of sweat on her back made her uncomfortable, why did he need to know this stuff? Why was she even telling the stupid bird? For all she knew he was thinking about chucking her out into the dark depths, just because she might be a threat to their ship.

"Wait. What did those guys do? The rudder guys?" Haruta asked suddenly very quiet, which seemed odd. From what Alex had seen of the red-head, they weren't the quiet sort.

"They made me gut lots of fish... for 6 days straight. And they only fed me bread once a day... I was hungry-" The blonde girl said with a slight edge to her voice, making it come out sort of crackly. She stiffened at the memory. Those stupid fishermen had it coming, she could still see the smug, ugly mug of the captain. She snarled in disgust.

"Shit... so you stole their rudder outta spite?" Namur paused looking up with a quirk to his upper lip, his sharp teeth showing. Alex shuffled uneasily at Namur's growling tone, the itchiness in her arm came back, making her claw at it roughly. She'd upset him, why was Alex such an idiot? The young girl looked away in shame.