Up and about (parts 1 and 2)

Shoved both parts into one, never realised how long 'Up and about' would become.

Way more depressing and angsty than I anticipated too. In fact this chapter wasn't even really supposed to happen, it was supposed to be the beginning to the upcoming chapter 'Mermaid café'...

So enjoy the pain guys!

(I'm sorry Alex for giving you large amounts of trauma)

Peace out!

***

Alex was woken to something cold being pressed to her chest, making the girl jerk from the chill, she was pushed back into position, the freezing round thing being put to her heart again, after a moment it was removed. Slowly her eye fluttered open, a woman was staring down at her, with a white coat on and stethoscope around her neck.

"Ah! Good morning!" A lady in her mid to late 20's greeted, when she noticed Alex looking up at her. She was pretty, fair skinned, with friendly warm chocolate eyes, a brown braid holding her hair in place, though the tips had been dyed a pastel pink.
The girl sat up, looking at the woman with slightly red cheeks, confused and embarrassed.

"W.. who?" Alex stammered out dumbly.
The woman smiled brightly introducing herself "I'm Tamatha, the Whitebeard pirates head doctor... or rather the only fully trained doctor..."

"OH! HEY AL!" Came a cheerful voice, Haruta had arrived, they were followed by Namur who was helping them carry some trays of food. The Fishman had a bored expression, slightly tired eyes slide over, noticing Alex sat up, he burst into a huge smile full of sharp teeth. "Hi Alex, how are you this morning? We brought you some food."

The girl opened her mouth, only nothing came out, her brain had frozen at the smell of breakfast. Her eye fixed on the pile of fresh beauty, at some point food had started looking like some heavenly blessing, the more time she spent trying to survive on her own.

Namur snorted, looking rather amused as he placed the tray in front of the drooling younger kid, her face lit brightly. "Okay, Tam how is she?"

As soon as the tray was on the bed, Alex dug in wildly, stuffing her mouth full, though was stopped half way through her second bagel by the doctor lady. "Whoa, steady on! Slow down, you haven't eaten in a while. Remember to chew, your stomach isn't gonna be able to cope with this all at once."

The woman simply stood up, holding it over her head out of Alex's reach. The girl froze, suddenly unsure how to proceed, so she just sat there looking up at the tray longingly. She was so hungry... but she supposed having food given to her for free was too good to be true.

The blonde's body was sore, though she did feel better than- when was that, did that even happen? There was no way... it had to be some weird dream...

But Alex was staring at Namur and Haruta arguing, the doctor was writing something on a clip board... the doctor... Alex's eye widened as her brain finally understood what was happening.

I'M ON WHITEBEARD'S SHIP! THAT'S WHAT THAT DOCTOR LADY SAID! THEN THAT WASN'T SOME CRAZY DREAM AFTER ALL.

The girl had been so hungry, so completely staving that the animal part of her had just decided to take over again. She hadn't even registered what was even happening or being said to her.

I'm so stupid! Soon enough Alex was caught up in her own thoughts, too busy freaking out and wondering what she was supposed to do now.

"Well she seems perfectly fine, make sure she takes it easy, so no crazy stunts, especially with Pops out of commission today. We want to make sure he stays asleep, so I'd rather you guys were out of the apprentice cabin and doing something else." The doctor lady told Namur, Alex looked like she was having some kind of crisis and Haruta just didn't listen.