The logbook

Alex remained silent next to Namur, her arm was very sore as she clutched it to her chest. New bandages were wrapped neatly around her forearm and hand, she couldn't believe the old geezer had been the one that had done it.

The more Alex interacted with him the more she didn't understand. What was this old geezer's problem? Why did he even bother? He was supposed to be nasty.

He was mean, had to be...

No! He was! It was just some evil plot!
Alex refused to believe anything else... she couldn't believe anything else. She didn't want to...

Alexandra told herself that she was too stunned to do much about it, he asked her to change back to her human form and Alex only did it because Namur had eased her concerns.

And anyway she was in too much pain to do much else, all the stress had made her tired, Alex really hadn't recovered fully. Although some of that was related to her condition, she did tend to get exhaustion spells a lot more than the average kid her age.

If she had the luxury Alex would probably take a nap during the day to help with it. But alas, the girl did not, she spent her time looking for food and running away. No time to rest, in fact these past few days were probably the best nights sleep she'd had in the past year and  a half on her own.

However now she was sat unsure of what to do, the girl watched the back and forth between the old man and the large Merman.
She was surprised, Alex didn't know that Merfolk could grow so large. The King was definitely smaller than a giant, granted not as much as she'd have thought.

Although things got uncomfortable pretty quickly when some lady walked straight up to Namur and Alex without a care in the world.
Alex hadn't been paying any mind to what was going on, to be honest she wasn't taking much notice to what was being said, nor who was around even.

So when this random lady came  over to shove her face into her personal bubble it wasn't appreciated.

Alex may have been flustered if she wasn't in so much pain, nor running on nothing but anxiety. The girl withdrew, pushing herself away from her, feeling somewhat claustrophobic.

"Do ya mind lady, y'ever hear 'bout boundaries." Alex snapped, she wasn't in the mood to be dealing with strangers.

In fact she decided she'd had enough of this whole situation, picking herself up, ensuring that her good eye was facing the old geezer. No way was Alex turning her back to him.

Then silently backed away, Namur had gotten up too, following behind, clearly not enjoying this experience either. After a moment Haruta joined them, grinning as per normal, seemingly disinterested in what the Yonko and big Merman were talking about now.

"You lot, don't go too far." Alex jumped slightly at the old geezer's rough voice.

"We won't" Namur and Haruta said in unison.

"Is that wise? Weren't you just attacked, jamon?"

"Nah, them bastard's are gone. Buggered off a while ago, the kids will be fine. They ain't got much place t'go, not without air anyway."
With that Haruta snatched Alex's good arm and began pulling her towards the forest, they were quickly swallowed up by the 'trees'.
The shark teen sighed letting out a breath of relief. "Glad to be outta there."

"No kidding that queen lady was annoying." The ginger agreed, nodding aggressively.

"Queen?" Alex mumbled suddenly confused, that lady was a queen... she was dressed pretty nice, even having a weird ribbon that floated behind her like an arc.

How does that even work? She was asking herself the important questions, clearly.

"Mhm, the King's wife... you know the huge Merman?" Namur informed her, which made Alex's brain short circuit.