Fighting past ghosts

Namur had his back against the wall in more ways than one, he was in a bad situation and he was literally backed into a corner, no escape, humans and Fishmen blocked all possible routes.

He could hear the hair raising laughter, a sound that haunted his dreams, he knew who it belonged to even before the huge shape shoved his way through the gathering.

Crooked nasty yellow teeth made a shudder run up Namur's spine, memories bombarded the poor shark boy, his biological father came into view and it took everything inside of him to refrain from shaking like a leaf.

The bastard who had sold, had beaten and abused him stood a few inches from his pale face, those black soulless eyes pierced through him, making the teenager want to turn away. But Namur wouldn't, he would never show that kind of fear again, not to the man that had left his mother to die at the hands of humans.

"Namur. You're home, welcome back son."

"I am not your son... you don't deserve that title." Namur bit back, teeth bared, his heart was racing a mile a minute. He would never back down, not again.

A sharp pain erupted as he was tossed against the barrier of Noah, his jaw burned as he spit out blood. Namur hissed, wiping his mouth, the bastard's sharp bladed claws dripped red droplets to the wooden planks.

"Now, now. Namur, come on. Don't be such a disrespectful bitch to your own father. These pirates really have taught you some bad habits" He rasped, a rumble of laughter surrounded Namur, where the hell had this Dickhead found humans from?

Although as soon as that thought formed, the boy figured it out. It wasn't exactly a difficult question, these humans were pirates, the Bastard had hired them as extra muscle. Most pirates were easy enough to persuade if there was enough money involved.

Namur could hear Pops yelling from somewhere, he wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to get to him. Sucking in a deep breath, he stood up, giving the Dickhead a murderous glare, however he just started to cackle. He wasn't being taken seriously and that pissed off the shark more than he thought it would.

Balling up his fists, what the hell was Namur doing? He wasn't some nobody anymore, he had people who cared about him, he'd been training for this hadn't he? To be strong enough to stand up for himself! He couldn't just give up now!

He wasn't going to fail the man that he did consider a father, he had to show him that he was worthy.

With a defiant yell he charged, fist pulled back and he struck out! "SHUT UP! I AM NOT YOUR SON!"

Namur never met his mark, he was kicked so hard his lungs felt as though they had been crushed, no air could reach his gasping mouth, he went crashing through the crowd hitting anyone unlucky enough to be in the way.

He lay there unmoving, tears welling in his eyes, no, this couldn't be it! His vision had grown fuzzy, only blurs and flashes of light could be seen. He wanted to get up, he wanted to face the Bastard that had made his life so miserable.

His mother's smile bloomed as a memory surfaced, such a beautiful smile. Why? Why did she have to save him?

If he died here, how could he ever face her again? The guilt he felt was so intense, he hated himself... his father hated Namur for what it had cost him.

Grinding his teeth together he tried to get up, he had to do this! He had to prove to his mother that he was worth it, he was deserving of the love she had shown him.

She hadn't saved a worthless son!

"Namur!" That voice. The loud annoying voice! Haruta? His dumb sibling?