Grumpy vs Grumpy old man

Newgate was stood waiting by the ship with Marco, the Moby stood tall, making everything else seem small in comparison, a very fitting ship for a huge human like himself.

"Are you sure this is a good idea, yoi?" Marco asked him for the eighth or ninth fucking time, which made the man grumble. Irritated by his son's constant fretting, nothing too unusual, but still annoying.

"For the last fucking time, yes. This ain't a big deal" He snapped, Marco simply scoffed looking unconvinced.

"What about the stuff that happened with Namur, yoi?"

"Nobody will try anythin' with me 'round, less they got a fucking death wish."

"The Fishman District is under water, you and Alex are devil fruit use-" Marco tried to reason, but he was swiftly cut off. "That ain't anythin' ta worry over, if you ain't got any fuckin' gills, then you'll drown eitha way. Devil fruit or not."

The zoan user pinched the bridge of his nose, frustration rolling off him in waves. But all Marco did was throw his arms in the air and groan "Fine! I haven't got time to argue with you, yoi" With that he flew off, leaving Newgate in the dust with a slight scowl.

A couple of minutes later he heard Haruta's loud laughter and Namur's very distinct groan of annoyance at whatever his sibling had been teasing him over.

From the portside barrier leapt a blur of ginger which landed near him, followed by a blue one.

"Heya Pops, we're here!" Haru greeted cheerfully, Newgate grinned down at them fondly.

"So ye'are, seems we're missing Grumpy" Both teens turned to look up at the ship's railing, Newgate followed their gazes, peering down at them was Grumpy.

"Com'on Al! Jump down!" Haruta yelled up at her, however there was no response. "You think she's stuck?"

Namur just shook his head, he didn't seem all that surprised. "No. She jumped down fine yesterday, and she's a lion zoan, I'm sure she'd land on her feet just like a cat."
The girl seemed to finally gather up the courage, dropping down to cobblestone soundlessly. She glared at Newgate, with a rather sharp and cold blue eye.

He tried to ignore the wave of fear that hit him, along with what he could only describe as a painful bitterness, one that made him somewhat concerned. Especially considering it was very much directed at him.

What the fuck did I do? It's not like I kicked your puppy or somethin'.

"A'right let's go." Was all he said, gesturing for the kids to follow him. They set off.

After a bit of time had passed and the group had gotten into the town, Newgate relaxed a bit. Fishman Island was one of the few places he didn't feel the need to put on the "Yonko captain" act quite so much.

Every so often he glanced over his shoulder at Grumpy, who was dragging behind, even having slowed his pace so the kids could keep up, she still trailed.

The other two kept up, Namur was clearly off big brother duty, having decided he wasn't in charge of keeping Haruta out of trouble. That was Newgate's job. Saying that, he had no problem with that, Haru was pretty easy to keep an eye on.

He left them to run around, only hustling them along if they started to annoy a resident. Which they didn't really tend to do. They were more interested in exploring the street and looking through store windows.

The man sighed, he got the feeling things wouldn't be as simple as he had hoped, then again, when was anything easy in his life? Well, at the very least the girl got on well with the apprentices, that was a good start. However he still found her attitude somewhat bizarre, she would bite the shit out of him, shout, throw around snide comments and insults, which honestly made sense to him. The girl was in a place she didn't really know, with pirates, very scary ones at that.