The Exchange

TW- self-harm

Ella POV:

It was now the next morning and I heard yelling from outside my door. What's going on? I opened my eyes and adjusted them to the bright light of the sun. Today is the day I die, great. Suddenly someone walked in, two men. This is it; this is where I die.

They said nothing and unchained me and one of them carried me out, I was still bruised and had blood stained all over my body and clothes, but my pain is about to all end in a few minutes. They took me into a small room and placed me on a chair and tied me to the chair with rope.

"So, how are you going to kill me?" I asked Marco. He ignored me and opened a laptop in front of me.

"What are you doing? Aren't you going to kill me?" I asked.

"I will, but I want you to watch what your fiancé is going to do" he replied.

"What is he going to do?" I asked, seeing Dante appear of the screen, driving on a motorcycle.

"He's going to get himself killed" Marco replied.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"Just watch!" he snapped.

Dante POV:

I was driving on my way to my dad's, to finally kill him. I made my way to his house, I knew that this was a bad idea, I was alone, and he probably had men all over the place; it's like I'm going on a literal suicide mission right now.

I parked my motorcycle in front of his mansion and walked in. I kicked down the door and walked straight in, and made my way up the stairs, to the main lounge. He was there, my father was there with more men with him. He quickly turned round to face me and so did the other men.

"Ah, Dante, my dear son. How are you?" he asked, with a smirk.

"You think I wouldn't figure it out? I know you're working with Marco!" I yelled.

"How did you know?" he asked.

"Because I'm not dumb! Why!? Why would Marco team up with you? He hates you!" I yelled.

"He does, but not as much as he hates you. He wanted revenge on you and so did I, so we teamed up" he said.

"Where's Ella?" I yelled. He just laughed.

"Why would I tell you where she is" he said, with an even huger smirk.

"Fine, I'll surrender. I give up, you win, I lose. I'll surrender myself to you if you let Ella go right now!" I said, dropping my gun.

"Deal" he said, with a huge grin. "Marco, bring her out"

Suddenly, Marco walks out from my right, with Ella in his arms. She looked so hurt, so bruised. And it was all my fault. She stood on her two feet and ran towards me and hugged me.

"Are we going home?" she asked, with tears in her eyes. Marco pulled her away from me.

"I'm sorry Ella, I hope you can forgive me" I said, kissing her forehead.

"What?" she asked.

"Take her home" I said.

"Don't worry, she'll get home unharmed" Marco said.

"Dante, what's going on?" she asked, as a man pulled her away.

"DANTE!" she screamed, as she got dragged out.

"I love you, Ella..." I mumbled.

"See, son. This is what love does to you, love isn't real, love is weak and only brings you down" my father said.

"You're only saying that because you're the one who couldn't fall in love!" I yelled, holding back tears.

"Come on, let's go. We have much to do!" my father said, as I followed him down the stairs.

Ella POV:

A man took me back to the mansion, and I walked in slowly and everyone was waiting for me in the main lounge. I just stood there, trying to acknowledge what just happened, when suddenly I was pulled into a tight hug by Camilla.

"He saved you, my brother saved you!" she screamed, hugging me even tighter. I pulled away, and everyone started bombarding me with questions.

"Where's Dante?" Alessandro asked, as he walked up to Camilla and I.

"I- I... He has him... I don't know what happened. He just told me to forgive him" I replied.

"What? You aren't making any sense right now Ella" Camilla said.

"He has Dante. I think he exchanged himself to his father for me" I said, holding back tears.

"No, no. You're joking, Dante's okay, he must be! He can't leave me, he's the only family I have left!" Camilla yelled, as tears flowed from her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Camilla. I tried to stop him, but I couldn't" I said, hugging her.

She hugged me back and broke down crying as everyone just stared in disbelief. I could see Alessandro holding back tears as well, he must be devastated, Dante was his best friend, and now he may never see him again, because of...me.

~~~

I showered and one of the maids stitched me and bandaged me up after.

"Thank you" I said to the maid, with a faint smile.

"You're welcome, you should get some rest" she said, standing up from the bed.

"I will" I said, lying down.

"He'll be fine" she said.

"What?" I asked.

"Boss, he's going to be fine. He's strong, he'll be fine, and he'll come back to us, and you two will get married and live happily together" she said, leaving the room.

I held back tears and made my way to the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror, as i gripped the sink with my fists. Why did you do it? Why did you give yourself up for me? I could've died, and you would live happy again, without me.

I didn't even notice the tears running down my cheeks. I grabbed a sharp razor from the cupboard and held it against my wrists. I closed my eyes and slit my wrist; I hadn't cut myself in so long, ever since I met Dante. I kept slitting my wrists, my wrists were covered in blood and so was the razor, I threw the razor in the sink, and broke down crying on the floor.

Dante, come back...please. I sorry, I'm so sorry for everything, for making you marry me, for ruining your life, for having to surrender yourself to your father. I'm sorry...

Author's note:

Hey guys! Do you think Dante made the right decision in exchanging himself for Ella? And do you think Ella's going to be okay without Dante? I really hope you're liking this story, thank you for reading xx