Helping each other

"Who is this and how did you get my number?" I asked.

"Wow, I'm hurt that you forgot me already Bellissima" he said.

"Um, I still have no clue who you are" I said, standing to my feet.

"It's Matteo" he said.

"Matteo? What do you want?" I asked.

"I heard that you wanted to go out for ice cream, so I'm waiting outside your mansion for you so we can get going" he said.

"Outside!?" I asked.

I walked to my window and moved the curtain aside, and saw Matteo leaning against his car in the driveway.

"Wait there! I'm coming!" I said, as I hung up and ran downstairs.

~~~

"Hey Bellissima" he said, as he opened the car door.

"What? How did you know?" I asked.

"That's for me to know and for you to dot, dot, dot. Anyways get in, we're going to get ice cream" he said, with a smirk on his lips.

"Sure, I have nothing better to do anyways" I said, getting into the car as he closed the car door behind me.

~~~

"I've never tasted any better ice cream than this, I swear!" I said, licking my ice cream.

"I know, this is the best, my mother used to take me here all the time" he said.

"You still remember this place after so long?" I asked.

"How could I forget this place? It was my mum's and I's favourite place to get ice cream from" he said, with a smile.

"About the job, I think I might have a problem" I said.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I couldn't talk to my father today, so you might have to wait a bit longer, till he allows me to talk to him" I said.

"It's fine. Do you and your father have a bad relationship?" he asked.

"No, it's just that ever since my mother died, he distanced himself from the world. He drinks his sorrows away on most nights and distracts himself with work. He doesn't even allow me to talk to him, more or less his own men" I said.

"That's awful, I'm so sorry" he said.

"It's fine, it's not like I can do anything about it" I said, as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm looking for someone, could you tell me if you know him" a man said walking up to us.

"Depends, who is this person?" Matteo asked the man.

"Matteo Bianchi" the man replied.

I stood up and looked the man straight in the eyes as I spoke, "What do you want with this guy?"

"That is none of your business girl, now can you tell me if you know him or not?" he asked.

"I would, if you would tell me why you're looking for my boyfriend" I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"So, I'm guessing this is Matteo then" the man said, pointing to Matteo.

"You know I'm sure my father would love to talk to you" I said, getting my phone out.

"And who is your father?" the man asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Ask him yourself" I said, as my father picked up.

"Lia, what do you want?" my father asked, with a cold tone.

"Who are you?" the man asked.

"I think I should be asking you that, who are you and what the fuck do you want with my daughter!?" my father yelled.