I guess this is goodbye...

"I'll take him" Adrian said, coming out from the crowd.

"Let me go, you asshole!" Marco screamed as Adrian pulled him away.

I stood next to Dante, with tears running down my cheeks. Everyone stood in silence as they watched us.

"You...you promised me you wouldn't get hurt" I stuttered.

"Ella, i-if something happens to me, just know that I've never l-loved anyone as much as I l-loved you" he stuttered, slowly closing his eyes.

"No, no, you're going to be fine, you made me a promise and you're going to keep it, toi idiot" I shouted. (you idiot <3)

"Paramedics, move out of the way, we got him" a man said, as he pushed me away from Dante.

They took Dante away on a stretcher and they left to the hospital.

"Hey, he's going to be okay" my dad said.

"He p-promised" I stuttered as tears filled my eyes again.

"Shh, he's strong, he'll make it" Antonio reassured me.

"I-I... He has to live, he's the only reason I'm alive right now" I stuttered.

"Come on, let's go to the hospital" my dad said, as he helped me to his car.

~~~

We have been waiting at the hospital for two hours now, all the guests left, and it was only Antonio, Camilla, Alessandro, Dante's mum, my dad, Adrian, and I at the hospital. Camilla and Alessandro fell asleep in each other's arms on a couch, my father and Antonio were talking, Dante's mum was pacing back and forth, and I was just sitting silently with my face buried in my hands as I cried, my dress was covered in blood from Dante's wound. I just want him to be okay, that's all, I want us to go home and joke about all of this. 

Suddenly a doctor comes out and was talking to Antonio and my dad. I ran up to them, with my dress in my hands, so I don't fall.

"Is he okay?" I asked, drying my cold tears.

"I have good news and bad news," the doctor said, with a frown on his face, gripping the tablet he had in his hands. "Good news, the surgery was a success and he's recovering now, bad news, he's in a coma..."

"C-coma?" I stuttered.

"I'm sorry" the doctor said.

"For how long?" Antonio asked.

"Weeks, months, years, we don't know" the doctor replied.

"Don't know!? This is your fucking job!" Antonio yelled, making the doctor flinch.

"Antonio, calm down, he'll be fine" my dad said.

"N-no..." I stuttered, as tears welled up in my eyes again.

"I'm sorry, Mrs Romano" the doctor said.

"Can I see him?" I asked.

"Mhm, come with me" the doctor said, as he led me to his room.

I walked into his room alone and I saw him laying on the hospital bed with an oxygen mask and iv fluids in his body, he looked fragile for once. I couldn't bear seeing him like this, I felt like this was all my fault, if only I helped him, or did something to prevent this from happening. I slowly and silently made it over to his body, with tears in my eyes and blood all over me. I stood there silent for what felt like hours, but it was only a few minutes, I held his hand in my tiny hand, trying to fight off a panic attack from occurring.

"P-please wake up..." I stuttered, as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Hey" someone said, walking in.