Surprise!

"We're home" my mum said, walking in through the front door with my dad.

"What's wrong? Why's Lia crying? And where's Matteo?" my father asked.

"H-he's gone..." I replied, with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"What do you mean, he's gone?" my mum asked, as she sat down next to me.

"The man from the warehouse came here and said that if Matteo didn't go with him, he was going to shoot me" I replied.

"What does he want with Matteo?" my dad asked.

"We have no clue; he wouldn't tell us" Elias answered for me.

"I just want him back, what if he hurts him?" I asked.

"He won't, I'll find him, I promise" my dad said, as he rushed out of the main lounge, probably to go to his office.

"Come on Lia, you should get some rest" my mother said, as I stood up.

"I'm going to bed too" Elias said, as he left.

"Come on Lia" my mum said.

~~~

Matteo POV:

I was thrown in some type of old looking room the night before and left here for the rest of the night, with nothing but the coldness of the room and myself. There was nothing, no bed to sleep on, no light, no food or water. Nothing, it was like a prison cell, except for the little window it had on one of the four walls. I sat on the floor and kept thinking what this man could want with me, what he wants, what he's willing to do for me to listen to him. I sat in the corner of the room, with my knees tight to my chest to try and warm myself from the coldness the room had. I even took my jacket off and put it on my knees to try and keep warm. But nothing seemed to work because I was still freezing. Morning came, and light started to shine through the window. I quickly got up and rushed over to it and placed my hands in front of the window in hopes to get warm. The sun felt so warm against my cold ass hands. Come on Matteo, you've been through worse than this! You lived your childhood on the streets, you froze to death every single night, this is nothing compared to that.

"How'd you sleep?" the same man said, as he entered the cold room, I was in.

"Great, fucking great, dumbass" I said, cocking my head to meet his eyes.

"I must say you are one hell of a strong man, we put the temperature down to minus five degrees" the man said, walking to where I was standing.

"Right, well this wasn't the worst I've been through" I said, crossing my hands over my chest.

"Of course, cause you lived in the streets your whole childhood, because your mother died in a car accident" the man said.

"How do you know all this?" I asked.

"I also know that your father was Marco Rossi" he said, with a smirk.

"And? He's an asshole, and I don't come close to even calling him my father, he left my mother and I when I was born, when I was born! He left my mother at the hospital; he didn't even bother looking at me, because he left her!" I shouted.

"Well, that's what you were thought to believe. Your father did everything in his power for our family" the man said.

"Our family?" I asked.

"My name is Giovanni, and I was your father's second in command" he said.

"So? Why should I care?" I asked.

"Because I was told to take over his mafia, but when I found out he had a son I did everything in my power to find you, I sent men looking for you, you might have changed your last name boy, but I still found you" he said.