An unexpected visitor

"Come on, let's go back inside, it's getting cold out here" he said, holding out his hand from me to take.

"Mhm" I nodded, as we walked back inside hand in hand.

"Lia, I'm sorry for what I said, you're right I shouldn't say those things, and I wanted to apologise for it" my dad said, as we walked into the main lounge, with my dad's men all just staring at us.

"It's fine dad, I'm sorry too" I said.

"What are you two doing?" my dad said, pointing to our intertwined hands.

"Oh um oops" I said, letting go of his hand.

Suddenly there was a knock at the front door.

"Who could it be at this hour?" I asked, as we turned to face the door.

"I have no clue" my dad said, as he walked over to the front door.

"Did you invite anyone, and you forgot Lia?" Elias asked me.

"I'm not that dumb Elias" I said, crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes at him.

"Just making sure" Elias said, as my dad slowly opened the door.

"And plus don't you have men all over the house?" Matteo asked me.

"Yeah, obviously we do" I replied.

"Dad, who is it?" I asked.

I could see my dad frozen in place, he wasn't moving, if it weren't for the silence, I would've said he stopped breathing too but the silence was so loud that I could hear his breathing, his breathing started increasing second by second, as he took a step back from the door and let whoever was at the door inside our home. I tried to see who it was, but my dad made it quite impossible to do so, because of his height. I walked over to my father, and Matteo kept close behind me as I made it over to the door.

"Dad, who is it?" I asked, as an old woman stood at the door.

"Who's she?" Matteo asked me.

"I'm as clueless as you are" I replied.

"M-mum?" my dad mumbled.

"MUM!?" I yelled.

"That's your grandmother then" Matteo said.

"No shit Sherlock! But you said, you had no remaining family except for me" I said to my father.

"You must be Lia, my granddaughter" the woman spoke.

"H-hi" I stuttered.

"What are you doing here mum?" my dad asked.

"I brought someone with me, to see you" the woman said, as another person walked into the doorway.

No...

How...?

This is a dream...

It had to be...

This isn't real, I'm dreaming...

I must be...

How could my mother be standing in the doorway of our house...?

"Who's she?" Matteo asked.

I could feel my knees shaking, my hands trembling, tears rolled down my cheeks, it felt like my heart just dropped to my feet. Like everything stopped, like time just stopped and it was just me staring at my mother, my mother that was once dead was now standing in our front door. How? How is this even possible? She was dead. I watched her die. I saw her close her eyes as she told me she loved me one last time. I was at her funeral; we all were. So, how is this even real? Am I dreaming? Has my mind got the best of me? Is it playing some sick joke on me?