Enchante

THIS STORY IS NOW BEING EDITED.

"That would be $800, ma'am," said the woman behind the beautiful counter. In the beautiful, beautiful Channel store. She had flawless skin, big blue eyes and a body to die for. She looked like a supermodel. But then every staff member in this store looked like a model.

I gave her my credit card enthusiastically.
Ten minutes later I was $800 down and beautiful clothes up.
I love Newyork. Too bad I have to go home today.
"Hey baby, there you are." Said this perfectly smooth voice. Aryan. My fiance.
"Told you, I will be shopping." I said giving him a kiss.
"Yeah, its been ten minutes since I have been waiting for you. Baby listen, the meeting was great but we need a follow up meeting to confirm everything. I will be coming back here, probably." He said after we were seated inside his friend's Lamborghini.
"When? We have to plan a wedding!" I said. Oh not again. How many times will we have to postpone our wedding?
"You plan the wedding, I will make plan for after the wedding." He said with a wink. I punched him playfully. Oh men. Sigh.

"Aryan, you prom...." He cuts me off with a kiss. Hmmmph.
"Sweetheart, I am sorry. But I have to work now or I will have no time for the wedding, you know that. And this is for our future, baby." He said making puppy dog eyes.
Uh what choice do I have?
Sometimes I feel he is not even interested. But that is so stupid of me. He is working hard for our future. He loves me. We have been going out since an year and he has already proposed. He is handsome. He is rich. My family loves him. My friends drool over him. My exboyfriends are jealous of him. He is perfect.
I am the luckiest girl on the planet. And my engagement ring? He got me this huge pink diamond. Because thats what I wanted.

"I know." I said sulking. Having a millionaire fiance is not such a bad thing. Him being busy is a small price to pay, I guess.
Not that I am with him for money. I might not earn as much as him but J earn well. Being an editer of an upcoming hot magazine, popular fashion and beauty blogger, and owning a huge apartment in Delhi, left to me by my late aunt, who fortunately had no kids of her own (well can you blame me?) , is sure a good thing.
This has its own perks. Like the free designer clothes and shoes, and makeup. Most stuff sent to me for reviewing and all. I seriously love my life.
So it was not money that attracted me to Aryan. I love him quite a lot.
Quite a lot.
But things went by quite fast. But its been amazing. For our first date he flew us to paris. On his friend's borrowed jet. Borrowed. Where is the time when you borrowed your friends shoes maybe. Perfume. Okay car.
But a jet? Well, thats Aryan's world. I am not used to this elite society. I am from a middle class family and worked my ass off to get where I am today. My dad died when I was nine and my mother has been everything ever since. Through a friend, she got a job to teach at a nursery school. And that really does not pay much. But it was enough to provide me an education.
My dad was a businessman. And unfortunately had many debts. So we had to sell our home, car, most of my mothers jewellery. Thankfully, my mom's elder sister arranged for us to stay in a flat almost rent free through some "connections" as she used to say. She was loaded but my mom did not want to depend on her. My dad's demise made mom realise how important it was to be independent. And she made sure, I do too.
So we stayed in the flat which was small. A single bedroom and a living room and an open kitchen. There was no balcony. So we hung dry clothes in the living room. Back then, designer clothes were just a dream that seemed as impossible as finding a fairy godmother. Mostly I wore hand me downs. Whatever I got from my cousins.
But I don't know. Despite all the hardships my mom could smile. She told me to be happy for whatever we have because even that is a blessing. And that if we just hold on, smile, and stay strong, miracles will happen.
In return for all her help, my aunt wanted only one thing in return. That I read to her. That was strange but I gladly accepted.
Soon I found a lot about her.