Why are we talking about babies?

The oxygen in the entire room disappeared. Again. So who was he talking about then?

Noticing my stunned expression or more like if-you-do-not-elaborate-i-will-have-flies-in-my-mouth expression, he added, "Its an obstacle for you. You are the one who will have feelings for someone who does not reciprocate them."

Oh......

"Right."

"Just like Mark's condition. But at least Raven is not leading you on like you are doing with Mark."

"I am not leading on Mark! And I like him."

"No, you are just with him because you are desperate to feel loved." He said haughtily.

"Desperate to feel loved? Who the hell do you think you are?"

"A man in love." He smirked.

For a split second I thought he was talking about me. Then I realised....Lara. Actually I didn't think I wished he was talking about me.

"Not everyone's love life is as perfect as yours!"

He didn't say anything for a minute.

"Life is never perfect Nea and love is far from perfect. But thats what makes the journey more adventurous and fun. If it was easy to find someone who truly loves you, we would all take it for granted. And to be honest, if there was no struggle then life would have been just plain boring."

He paused and then continued, "And most people think that its all bliss and bed of roses when you find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. Truth is, its not and its never going to be. There will always be fights. There will be days when you won't be able to stay together in the same room. You might even leave or take a break. Its going to happen Nea. Because the best things in life don't come easy. But if you have a good head on your shoulders, you will find the person worth suffering for and hopefully that person will see the same in you."

Well.....he left me speechless. Now I do realise how childish I truly sound.

"Raven and you might have had something in the past. Maybe its still there or maybe its not. I know why you brought me here tonight Nea."

"Because he told me to."

"No. I saw how upset you were just now. You wanted to see if it will effect him or not, seeing you with another man."

"Maybe." I said looking down at the floor.

"Nea, its not my place to say anything. But I know one thing. If he really wanted you, he could have had you. But he chose not to. He did not think you were worth suffering for and that ultimately makes him not worthy of you as well. Its nothing wrong Nea. I just don't want you to spend your life with questions, thinking that one day he will come and answer them. Thats not going to happen. He had five years and he never tried. Are you going to spend your life waiting? Is he worth it?"

"And to clear this. No my love life is not perfect. My wife and I have been separated for almost an year. We did not file for divorce yet though, for the sake of our son. We are trying to make things work but it isn't happening. We don't live together and we might not be in love with each other but we are great friends and that for me is love too, Nea. Hard for you to understand but someday you will." He smiled.

Well that was a lot of preaching. And........wow.

I don't know what came over me but I just turned around and left. I went outside to get some air.

He is so right.

He knows me too well. Well actually he knows human psychology so...