Who is she?

A/N
QUICK QUESTION:

Amit, Mark or Raven?

Let me know! ;)

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
_______________________________________

I looked at all the clothes lying everywhere in my bedroom. This place is a mess.

"I told you, we should go shopping." Nicki chirped and hopped on the bed with a packet of Oreos. All she has been doing all day is eat and reject every look I come up with. I don't even know why I am bothered about her opinion. I dont even know why I have to worry about how I look. Its just Mark.

"That would have been the third time in one day." I purred.

"One can never do enough shopping." She said. "And decide quickly, you have only three hours to get ready."

"I can save the world in three hours." I retorted.

"Really? What will you do? Make a designer cape for Superman?" She replied sarcastically.

Before I could reply, my mom entered the room looking rather annoyed.

"What is this mess?" My mom came in. She gave me a look and then handed me a bag.

Nicki took it away from her and took out a beautiful dress. It was cream white, that looked short but enough to reach my knees. I have to admit, it was beautiful.

I touched it. Hmm, satin.

"So you get your fashion skills from your mom. This is perfect. Wear this one!" Nicki said excitedly.

"Mom, its beautiful! Thank you." I gave her a hug.

"Just, wear it." She went away.

I woke up this morning, thinking that today will be busy what with the magazine and all but Nicki had other plans. We have been doing a mini fashion show all morning. The dresses I like are termed "too professional" by her and the ones she like are termed "too sexy" by me. I dont even understand why is she so excited.

She wasn't there when Mark told me he loves me. Which I am beginning to understand wasn't meant romantically. I mean come on, friends use the L word with each other all the time. Maybe he just meant he loves me as his editor and was sorry to let me go.
In the five years that I have known him, he talks about nothing but money. Its his life. I have never seen him with any woman. I always thought he was gay or something.

Well that was wrong of me to assume.

Anyway, this is not a date. This is not how you ask a girl out and the way he behaved? You dont behave like that to a girl you like, right?

Its almost night now and I stood in front of mom after getting ready. Nicki had to leave for one of her parties.

"Pretty." My mom remarked.

"So why did you buy the dress anyway? And when?" I asked.

"I did not. Mark had bought it as a gift for the party he threw in your honour. The night Aryan cheated..."

I gaped at her. What?

The bell rang. My mom answered.

Mark stood there. This was the first time, I saw him out of his suit.

He wore a black shirt and jeans. He was semicasual but looked too good. Is he really 45? This is what happens with most men. They look better with age.

After greeting my mom and making small talk with her, he turned towards me. "Shall we?"

I smiled and walked towards his car. He opened the car and held it open. I got in and followed in himself.

This does seem like a date.

Okay, no way. Mark has always been a gentleman.

"This dress looks perfect on you." He finally said something.

I blushed. ( what?!?) "Thank you. And thanks for getting this for me, mom told me."

"I just wanted you to look good at the party just in case you were not wearing anything nice. There were too many cameras that day. Important for the magazine's business thats all."

What did I say? Business.

"Its left from here sir, right?" The driver asked Mark.

5 minutes he spent explaining the directions to the driver. I thought he would lose his temper or become irritated but he did not. So he is nice to someone at least.

The driver. So ......okay.He is not gay. Shut up, Nea.

I have been really confused really. I should be mad at Mark but I am not. I should hate Aryan but I can't. I get what doctor Amit was trying to say the other day. Why he wanted me to stay and meet Manvi. If we look at from their perspective, they fell in love which they did not expect and did not know what to do next. There mistake was not falling in love, because its feelings and who can control that?
There mistake was not handling the situation once they realised that no matter what they do, it will effect me.

And all through the years, I tried to hate Raven for leaving me just like that. After all the big talks, one sentence and it was over. I wanted to stay mad at him. Maybe, I am a little. But I can't hate him.
I tried seeing things from his perspective too. I guess at the time, he did not have any choice. It might have been the only way. He could have handled the situation at hand well but I don't think thats a big enough reason to hate someone.

Hate is an emotion that destroys us. Not the person we hate. It effects us and only us. Its best to let go of things. You can't control what the other person is doing but you can always control yourself.

Sitting with Mark, chatting about usual things, I realised I was much more calmer than I have been before. I don't know how that happened? Was that being with Mark or just what I had experienced in the past few days?

We entered the restaurant. It had a beautiful dark ambience and we were being led to our table, when on the one beside us I saw a familar face.

This face was looking at me first and then at Mark. He looked surprised. But more surprised was the woman sitting with him, who probably was wondering why her date got completely distracted on seeing me.

So just when I was started feeling calm, this has to happen. I should know now that chaos is my middle name.

What the hell was he doing here? And who is she?

A/N.

so who is this that Nea saw in the restaurant? :0
can you tell? ;)

Sorry for the late update. Really busy these days. Either its studies or my friends whisk me away! :P

Thank you for reading. Next chapter is coming soon!

And do let me know, who do you like best. Mark, Raven or Amit? ;)

Praxii ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡