Flash back

My mother thinks I need therapy. I can't believe this. I just can't.

You know what mom? If I need therapy then so do you! You know why? Because surely I ....I..I..

I am being immature about this. I know, I am. I can't help it! I will improve. I will take a damn shower.

"If this is about a shower, I will take it." I shouted.

She sighed. Yes I know, I am being stupid but then so is she! Ri..right?

"Nea, let him help you."

"He is going to help me take a shower?" Actually I have no problem with that.

She made a face.

I made a face.

She made another face.

I made another face.

She gave up and went away. Before letting me know, I have my first session with him, tomorrow morning.
I decided to google him, to see if anything turns up.
Turns out he is quite well-known. He has actually won many awards and accolades. Why was someone like him coming to my door step to help me?
I should be so thankful. Right? Wait. NO! No way, am I going to be thankful. I am upset. I am ... grieving. That does not mean, I am a nutcase! Aryan is the nutcase. Fine, Aryan, I get it. You love someone else. Alright. But why did you have to kiss her in my party? In front of everyone! What I really don't understand is...

Is that no one falls in love in a day. So this was going on for quite some time. Clearly, they were both descete about it, so how come that day there was a very evident public display of affection? Right there in my party? What the hell was really going on? I want to find out, but not yet.

I decided to finally face what I have been dreading. My cell phone.

Geez, it feels like I died or something. Okay, not funny.

There are 500 unread smses, 700 whatsapp messages and lets not go the missed call department. I just, what do I say to all these people? I know what they are going to say, that they are sorry and....what not. But thats not going to help me.

50 missed calls from Manvi. God, I hate this name. But thats not really the surprising part, there are actually three missed calls from Nicki. God, she never calls me. If she has to speak to me then it is her secretary that calls me. But, never her. What the hell does she want now? Mock me? I know she is evil. She is no less than Medusa. But hello Nicki, don't you think this is enough?

In the evening, I tell mom about it. "Call her back." she says. Easier said than done, mother.

"With all due respect mom, are you crazy?" I said all dramatically. "Oh my god Nea, I swear these days you are no less than a soap opera star." My mom said looking bored.

I gave up arguing with her. Even if tomorrow, apocalypse occurs, I will not call Nicki, the wife of Satan.

5 minutes later.

*Glamorous by Fergie plays as caller tune*

Curiosity ate the better half of me, and I decided to call her. Whats the harm in a call?

"Hello Nea." She said in her perfect voice. I am sure, most men find it seductive.

"Hi." One word is enough. She deserves that.

"umm..." she seemed to be thinking which deathly insult to come up with first. "How are you, Nea?"

Okay, so either Medusa just asked me about my well being or hell just froze. I am pretty sure, the latter is true. Because this is just IMPOSSIBLE.