2. heart of glass

I stumbled into my flat and made it to the couch. All I could do was lay on it and think about the night I just had. The blonde man with the untamed curls and his lopsided grin. I'm probably never going to see him again but I don't care as long as I have the memories. After the night's events I decided it was time to go to sleep. I didn't have the energy to move so I just fell asleep there and didn't change. I slept beautifully because of the image burned into my head of his lopsided grin.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing nonstop on my coffee table. I ignore it for a second assuming it's just an old group chat texting. I go to the bathroom to freshen up and notice my hair going every direction possible and my makeup smudged all over my face. Thankfully I didn't drink too much to give me a nasty hangover but I still had a second heartbeat in my head.

After my shower I decided to finally check my phone. When I went to pick up my phone I noticed it was still buzzing on the table. Out of curiosity I turned it over and saw that Instagram was buzzing every second and I had over 1000 new messages. I opened Instagram and saw that I had 10k new followers. I was beyond confused. I called my mom and when she picked up the phone she screamed. "Mom?" I interrupted her screaming. "Why are you screaming?" I asked. "The better question Morticia is why are you NOT screaming?" my mom asked me back. "I'm confused. I just woke up and my phone has been buzzing ever since. Care to explain?" I responded rubbing my hand on my forehead. "Tish, darling, you went viral." my mom told me. I could picture her smile through the phone. "What? I went viral? How? Doing what?" I said back not understanding what was happening. "Tish, someone recorded you singing last night and posted it. The post went viral and people quickly found your socials." she replied giddy with excitement.

After getting off the phone with my mom I went through my Instagram dm requests. Scrolling down I saw one that stood out to me.

@joonasbc : hey mort. i told you i would find you one way or another 😉

I went to his profile and saw that he had 36.7k followers and was a part of a band called 'blind channel'. Now I understand why he thought I wanted an autograph. His band played in Eurovision this year and represented Finland. I wasn't able to watch it this year due to some personal issues but I have heard the winning song from Italia, ZITTI E BUONI. That's also why he looked like a professional playing when he was doing the air guitar. Because he's in a band, god how fucking clueless am I. I decided to reply to him.

@morticiaantilla : heyy. i thought i told you not to call me mort? also how'd you find my instagram so fast. and who the fuck recorded me? 

Almost instantly he replied.

@joonasbc : oh easy. niko told tommi to record you singing about half way through. then after you left we could tell you belonged up there on the bar counter so we decided to post it. and it wasn't hard to find your socials because there aren't too many morticia's that live around here.

@morticiaantilla : oh. my. god. i feel like i'm in an episode story rn.

@joonasbc : what's episode?

@morticiaantilla : dw about it. what do i do now? people are in my dms asking me to do another cover but idk what i should do.

@joonasbc : sing another cover. I HAVE AN IDEA MORT

@morticiaantilla : stop. calling. me. mort. also what's your idea?

@joonasbc : you should give them another cover. sing another blondie song. we can record it at my band's studio.

@morticiaantilla : what? should i actually do another blondie song?

@joonasbc : yes yes yes you have to. i'll send you the address of our studio and i'll get the other boys to help record.