5. zombie

After that night I took some time to prepare for school in the fall. I know it's only June but it's never too early to be prepared. It's been a week since the whole Joonas incident and I've talked to the boys a little bit. It was Sunday and I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing on the table next to me. I turned it over and saw a dm from Aleksi.

@alexmattson: Hey Tish! We edited your cover of 'Heart of Glass'. You sounded great! We also have an idea about the release of it. You should come by the studio!!

@morticiaantilla: hey aleksi. i would love to hear it. i can head over in about 45 minutes i just woke up.

@alexmattson: Oh perfect. See you soon!

@morticiaantilla: see you soon aleksi!

I was surprised at how fast they had finished the song. I mean, I recorded it last week. I also forgot about the whole recording process due to that night's events, but I get ready anyways. I put on a black and white slip dress and matched it with an old leather jacket I stole from my dad back home. Then I slipped on a pair of knee high black boots, grabbed my purse, and got in the car.

I parked my car and walked in. I didn't have a key to the studio they were in so I quietly knocked. Soft voices coming from the other side of the door stop and the door clicks open. The first thing I noticed was Joonas. He looked normal and even sent a tight lipped smile to me, which I returned. The next thing I noticed was a tall man wearing a grey suit. He seemed to have been conversing with Niko. "Hey guys," I said closing the door behind me. "Hey Tish, so glad you could make it." Aleksi said to me. The others greeted me and I figured, out of politeness, to introduce myself. "Hey! I'm Morticia." I said extending my hand. He shook my hand with a firm grip. "Hello my name is Alexander Murphy. You can call me Alex. Great to meet you Morticia, lovely name by the way." He said. He seemed professional and his accent made me wonder where he was from.

"Ah thank you. Are you from around here?" I asked letting my curiosity take over. "No, actually I'm from the United States. Born and raised in Albany, New York but I've relocated to the country's capital, Washington, D.C." He replied. Wow I wasn't expecting that. "That's so cool. I've never actually been to the capital. But I have heard a lot about the mass amounts of museums there are in the city." I said laughing slightly. "Oh yes. Plenty to do if one find themselves bored. I have two little children and their favorite thing to do is explore the Spy museum. Before Covid closed everything down of course. They loved climbing through these vents they have. But their favorite thing to do, besides drain my wallet at the gift shop, is to do the spy simulator." He said. His face lit up talking about his children. How cute.

"Mort. Come here we want to show you something." I heard Joonas say. I excused myself from Alex and went over to the computer. "What's the deal with Alex? Who is he?" I asked the boys. "He's a surprise tool that will help us later." Niko said to me with a straight face. "Did you- did you just quote Mickey Mouse to me?" I asked giving him a look of both disgust and confusion. They all started laughing uncontrollably. These men are children.

Aleksi, while laughing opened a file labelled 'Tish-Heart of Glass'. I couldn't help but stare at the screen wondering what I sounded like. I've always loved singing but never really thought anything of it.

"Alright Tish, let's hear it." Aleksi said moving the mouse to the play button. I looked up at Aleksi and saw Alex standing over him also watching the screen. Once again, I was curious. But not as curious as I was when it came to the song. I turned my attention back to the computer and watched Aleksi press play.

Throughout the song I was quiet. I was in shock. He made me sound amazing and I was speechless. He made the song have more of a rock and roll vibe which I absolutely loved. When the song finished the room was silent. I turned to Aleksi and threw myself at him. I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders and thanked him profusely. He hugged me back. When we separated I stood up and hugged each boy one by one. The last one was Joonas. I pulled him into a big hug, placing my arms around his neck. He responded by pressing his cheek to the side of my face and wrapping his arms around my back. I held onto him for a little bit longer than the rest. Finally, we separated and when I looked into his eyes, I saw that whatever happened that night was forgotten.