12. carmen

"Hey. New girl. Do you know what time the pro shop opens today." I looked and was met with the brunette from earlier.

"Um yeah. It opens in about thirty minutes." I said looking up from the monitor at him.

"Sick. I have to go pick up some skate tape." He said taking his hands off of the counter and looking towards the shop.

"Oh cool. Hope you get it." I said grabbing my water bottle and taking a sip out of it.

"Yeah... say what's your name new girl?" He stared at my with curiosity.

"Oh it's Morticia." I said placing my water bottle down and looking up at him. He nodded.

"Sick." He said and walked away.

"Okay girl, what was that? He was definitely checking you out." Lotta came up to me holding a broom because she was on bleacher duty.

"What no he wasn't. He just asked me my name. Besides, I don't even know his first name." I said to Lotta as all the learn to skate kids were coming off the ice.

The rest of the day I didn't see Karvo. But that didn't stop Lotta from giving me suggesting glances. At the end of the day I was clocking out of work when she came up to me.

"It's Derek." She said clocking out on the tablet.

"What? What's Derek?" I said confused. I forgot about the conversation regarding his name from earlier.

"You said you didn't know his name. Well it's Derek. Now you know." She finished up and left the office.

Now it was my turn to leave the office. I was picking up all my stuff for the day and getting some registration forms printed out for tomorrow when he came up to me again.

"Hey." He said to me. I hadnt even realised that he was still here. It was close to 6 p.m. and I figured he'd gone home a while ago.

"Oh hi." I said. "I didn't even know you were still here." He smiled at me when I said that.

"Well surprise!" He said running his hand through his hair.

"Did you need something?" I asked him grabbing my purse and putting it over my shoulder. When I asked that his lips formed a small smile.

"Yeah actually. I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite to eat or a drink. If not that's completely fine." He said following me outside the doors. My eyes widened and my heart started beating out of my chest. He wanted to go out with me? I barely talked with him.

"Oh yeah of course. One thing though." I said grabbing my phone and putting it in my pocket.

"Yeah what's up." He said waiting for me to say something.

"Tell me your name. Your first name. I don't want to get food with you and call you by your nickname. I want to know your real name." I stopped and looked at him. Of course I already knew it but I wanted him to tell me.

"My name is Derek. And yours is Morticia."

"Okay so I have to stop by my flat first but we can meet up for dinner. You can come by if you want. If it's easier." I turned to him as we made it to my car.

"That sounds perfect. I'm going to go back to mine and change so if you give me your number I'll text you times and everything." He smiled at me. His smile made my cheeks warm and my heart beat a little faster.

"Alright. That sounds good. See you soon Derek" I waved goodbye as I got in my car.

"See you soon Morticia." He said as he walked over to his.

blondie - joonas porkoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara