13. hypnotic

The weeks following our first date were amazing. Derek asked me out and we'd been in the honeymoon phase ever since. I haven't talked to the blind channel boys recently but I haven't really cared. Mainly because Im starting school. Derek has been so amazing and he's helped me pick up all my stuff and we've visited the campus quite a few times.

"Hey babe." I said opening my door to see Derek's smiling face looking down at me. He texted me telling me he was going to stop by before I start school.

"Hey, how's the scholar doing?" He said kissing me before walking into my flat.

"I'm doing great. I just hung out with Ann and Im excited to start school." Tomorrow was the first day of classes for the year. I felt like I was 18 again going into my first year of university.

"Alright well I'll stick around for a little but you got to get some sleep before your big day tomorrow." Derek said grabbing a blanket from my ottoman and placing it around our legs. I curled up to him and he hung around until it was time for him to go home.

"Alright Tish, I'll call you in the morning before class, good night." He said closing the door behind him, leaving me all alone in my flat.

I got ready for bed and got underneath my covers when I got a call. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Aleksi. Huh, I haven't talked to him in a while.

"Oh hey Aleksi. Is everything okay?" I asked answering the call.

"Yeah Tish everything's fine. But, I just figured out that you're starting classes tomorrow." He said into the phone. He spoke kind of loud because there was loud music playing in the background.

"Oh yeah I do start class tomorrow. I was actually just about to go to bed." I said.

"Oh. Well before you do that, accept my FaceTime call." He said. Right as he said that I got a FaceTime request from him. So I accepted. All at once I was met with the sight of six very familiar looking boys. They all started screaming "good luck". All of them went at different times and it made my ears hurt. You would think that a band would know better timing. I guess not this band.

"Ah," I said wincing, "Thank you guys. I really appreciate it. Even if it's made me go temporarily deaf."

"Mort we all love you and we know you're going to crush school. Good luck!" Screamed Niko as he pushed himself and his drinking into the main view of the camera. I laughed and talked with them for a little before I had to go to bed.

As I plugged my phone in and rested my head on my pillow, I sighed. I missed hanging out with the boys. They'd been busy this summer with a Finnish tour. Hopefully I'd be able to see them somewhat soon. They released a new song over the summer too which was pretty sick, Balboa.

I went to bed and had a dreamless slumber. When I woke up I was energised and prepared for the day. I got all my textbooks and everything I needed for my first day. Then, I hopped in my car and headed to the campus. Upon parking in a spot designated for students, I made my way into the auditorium for the orientation.

"Welcome everyone! Please find a seat while you wait for the orientation to begin." Said a lady from the front. I found a seat in the middle of the auditorium. After texting Derek that I was about to start, a small group of girls came up to me.

"Weird question. Were you the girl that was on blind channel's story a couple months ago. I swear you look just like her." One girl spoke up, as I looked up to her.

"Haha yes I am. My name's Morticia. What's yours?" I said giving them a gentle smile.

"I'm JJ, this is Kay, she's Lola, and she's Dodie." JJ said pointing to each person in the group.

"Lovely to meet you all. But Im not going to lie. You guys coming up to me makes me feel almost as famous as the boys are." I said slightly laughing. The girls all laughed and we talked for a little more before the moderator started the orientation.

The whole day was filled with classes but each professor didn't teach today. It was mainly about what to expect this year and whatnot. The second I got out of the building at the end, I walked out to my car and was met with the smiling face of Derek. He was holding a bouquet of flowers. and was leaning on the back of my car.

"Hey gorgeous. How was school?" He said handing me the lovely flowers. I brought them up to my nose and took a deep breath.

"It was great. Not much happened and I don't have classes for a couple days. But, this morning this group of girls came up to me because they recognised me." I said getting my keys out and heading to the drivers seat.

"No ma'am." Derek said snatching my keys from me and taking my hand. He guided me to the passenger's seat and got into the driver's seat.

"We're going to celebrate. And it starts by me driving. I'm your chauffeur for the night madam." He said tipping an imaginary hat at me. I tilted my head back and laughed.

"Can we go to my flat and invite some friends over for the night?" I asked Derek, the chauffeur, as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"Of course if you want. But I want to take you somewhere first." He said turning the radio on.

"Oh my god I love this song." I said turning the volume way up and rolling the windows down.

"What's the song name?" Derek shouted over the beat of the song.

"Hypnotic by Zella Day. It's from 2015." I started doing wave movements with my hand outside the window as I mouthed the lyrics to the song. We pulled up to this overlook with a beautiful view. As we park, Derek runs over to my side of the car and opens the door for me. 

"Derek, what are we doing here?" I ask him laughing. I hear him nervously laugh before he begins to talk. 

"Well, Morticia, I know we haven't known each other for very long. But, I feel it in my heart that you're the one for me. I've dated so many girls but I've never felt like this before." He said fiddling with his hands. Was he- was he proposing to me?

"What are you saying Der?" I said grabbing his hands. 

"I guess I was just wondering, even though it's early, will you marry me?" He said getting on one knee and pulling a small box out of his pocket. He opened it to reveal a gorgeous ring. 

"Oh my God..." I said not being able to process what he was saying. 

"Tish you're scaring me," Derek said nervously as he waited for my answer. I took a second to think about our future and I knew what I was going to say. 

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Of course I'll marry you. I love you, you idiot. Oh my God I can't believe my life." I burst out into tears as I gave him my answer. He slipped the ring onto my finger and it looked better on me than in the box. He stood up and gave me a huge hug. It's crazy how quick my life has changed. I don't care how soon it was, I could see myself with him for forever. When you know you know. 

"Alright Morticia, my fiancé, let's celebrate to two things now. You starting school, and us." He kissed me on the tip of my nose and we walked, hand in hand, to the car. My smile was huge as we invited as many people as we could over to my flat. 

I couldn't wait to toast to Derek and I. I was getting married, something I didn't think I would do for a long long time. 

not me listening to 21 savage while writing this 😦😦😦(idk if this is the right emoji im on my computer)

well i love you guys, sorry i havent posted in like forever ive been swamped with school shit and boy shit

BTW yall remember the guy who i went on a date with. yeah well we did something very special (😼😼😼) together and then we ended things. so now im on the hunt for another man in my whoreish journeys. 

anyways have a great day lovelies <3