•comfort• Itadori Yuuji

enjoy!

You were in an empty park in the middle of the night. There was a small pond near by and you sat on a bench nearest to the pond, hugging your knees and rested your head on top of them.

You sneaked out of your house because you needed some fresh air. You blink, trying to prevent the tears from streaming down your cheeks. You should be feeling happy that you got out of a toxic relationship with the guy you liked just for his looks. He was one of the most attractive boy in your class but you didn't know that he had the worst personality ever.

It was fine for the first few weeks; but then it started changing. And not in the way you wished.

There would be disagreement between the two of you in the smallest and dumbest things. When you tried to conclude it, he would bring some other things up and it would continue, like forever.

And then to prevent those fights, you started agreeing and doing whatever he said and wanted things to be like. Which wasn't healthy at all.

And the worst he started treating you like a burden. He would make jokes about things you say and acted like all those were just childish things, making you lose hope and feel insecure.

But then finally you are able to break you are toxic relation with them to their before the classes started.

Thankfully, the way you liked him was like a young girl liking a guy for his looks so you thought you wouldn't have hard time getting over him. If he had acted the way he did on the first few weeks for some more time you would have fallen for him.

But since that wasn't the case, you thought it would be easy to forget about him. But you still felt bad, his discouraging words were stuck with you and you're trying hard to forget them.

Remembering his words, you again felt down, more than you already did.

You let out a sigh, "His words are killing me." You said out loud to yourself.

"Why do you even give a damn about some guy's words then?" A voice spoke from behind, startling you.

You quickly got up with a frown and look behind you.

"Woah! Calm down, I am not some perverted guy nor am I planning on kidnapping you." He walked towards you. The light from the moon and a light pole nearby making his face visible.

The boy had a pretty face, had pink hair and looked around your age.

"Who even are you?" You asked.

"Oh I'm Itadori Yuuji. I was just walking here and heard you nothing suspicious." He shrugged.

You sighed and plopped yourself down on the bench again.

"You don't look like the age to be walking out there alone." Itadori said, moving in front of you with his hands in his jacket pocket.

"Same goes to you. You don't look any older from me."

"Well yeah. But you know how this society is. It's dangerous for young... er not just young girls in general, to walk alone, especially at night."

You didn't say anything and just looked at him while he looked up at the night sky.

You sighed and moved your gaze away from him and stared into distance.

"Why are you out here?" He asked. You looked at him and saw him already looking at you.

"Everything is killing me. I needed some fresh air to clear my mind." You said and burry your face in your hands.

"Want to talk about it?"

"Don't you have to go home?" You looked at his face from between your fingers.

"Uh- no?"

"It's kinda long story."

"I have lots of free time in my hands."

You let out on breath and pat besides you, for him to take a seat.

Then you started your rant. About how you had a crush on on guy from your class, how you was, how are you two got together, his behaviour and also how you broke up with him today. You shouldn't want to but ended up telling how his words were bothering you and that you lost confidence in yourself.

You don't realise you were crying until he put his hands on your shoulder and cupped your cheeks, wiping your tears with his thumb.

"Hey it's alright, you don't have to take it words to your heart. Don't let the words of some idiot let you down. It's fine if you want to cry. Let it all out."

After his words, you don't care anymore. You let all your emotions out and cried hard. He pulled you into his embrace. You bury your face onto his chest and gripped on his hood as he stroked your head, saying reassuring words like how he was an asshole for treating you badly and that he didn't deserve you.

A few minutes passed and you were done crying but you were feeling so comfortable in Itadori's arms that you didn't bother moving away from his embrace.

Some more minutes later, when your brain started doing it's work and senses got inside it, you realized that you were with a stranger in the middle of the night about whom the only thing that you knew was his name. Even if he didn't seem like anyone dangerous, you were still hugging him, a stranger.

Embarrassed,  you moved away from his arms and keep a little space between you two.

"Are you okay now?" He asked with concern in his voice.

"Yeah I'm better now. Thank you and sorry." You scratch he back of your head.

"Well you're welcome." He flashed you a sweet smile. You smile back at him and thought of staying there for a little longer but Itadori acting like an adult, told you it's already to later and that you need to rest for your school tomorrow.

"Fine fine, I'll go back home now." You get up from the bench.

"Let me walk you home." He said and got up as well.

"No need to trouble yourself anymore because of me. I can go on my own, thank you."

"Just keep quiet. It's dangerous at night you know." He started walking to the gate of the park while you sigh and follow him as well.

You both exit the park as you walk side by sides.

"Hey," Itadori spoke and you turn your gaze at him, "I never got your name." He as well turned his face to loo at you.

"O-Oh" You mentally scolded yourself for how dumb you can be. After all that, you never told him your name. "Sorry I forgot about that." You look on the ground, embarrassed at yourself then you hear him chuckle. "Anyways I'm (L/N) (Y/N)."

You two walk towards you house while having small talks.

On reaching your destination, you halt and turn to him. "This is my place. Thank you again for your company and walking me back." You say with a smile.

"No problem." He smiled back at you.

He then waited for you to go inside but you didn't, "Y/N you okay?"

"Yeah- uhm- Itadori..."

"Yes?"

"C-Can we like be friends? Not tryna sound weird but you know, it was nice being with you..." You scratch the back of your head, "And maybe I could pay you back for your company?"

He laughed and you looked at him, confused and thinking if you did something funny. But he pulled out his phone from his pocket and extended it to you.

"Give me your number." He smiled brightly at you.

Seeing that happy smile, it made your heart feel warm and you smiled. Taking his phone, you type your number and handed his phone back to him.

"We are friends now right?" He asked to which you nodded excitedly.

"Yep we are."

Words count: 1305 words