Part 3

The next morning, everything was ready in the palace. Yuri also decided to accompany you. You noticed Jungkook and Jimin already was on their respective horses. You and Yuri got onto the elephant.

"Princess, should we go on an elephant?" she asked you. "Yeah! The weather is nice and also it doesn't feel like suffocating inside a palanquin", you said. "I am scared a bit", she said, holding your arms.

"Don't worry, if you fall I will make sure to catch you", you joked. "You shouldn't let me fall", she whined. You giggled looking at her. Once you signalled, the ride started. The people were watching from their houses and also gathering on the road.

Greetings and wishes were showered. Jungkook and Jimin went just in front of you. They were talking to one another. You had a great time watching them. Yuri was a great companion to you. The ride was smooth.

You had to rest in between and continue the journey. Despite being new to the place, Jungkook adjusted well. Jimin and Jungkook seemed to get along well. Finally, you reached the palace gates. You were welcomed with so many wishes.

The people were really happy to see their princess. You were welcomed by the Generals and officials in front of the palace gates. Everyone greeted you. General Lee's son, Lee Min Hyuk and his wife Chang Mi welcomed you.

Chang Mi was Park Jimin's sister. "You could have announced your arrival before, we would have prepared something special", she politely said. "Why? To cover-up?" you raised your eyebrows.

Min Hyuk nervously laughed and said, "What is there to cover up your Highness? Please come in", he led the way. You stopped by to talk to the people. There were praisings and also complaints.  

You heard everything patiently. Jungkook and Jimin were by your side. Jimin and Chang Mi exchanged glances but they didn't talk. As people were complaining, Min-hyuk joined and he indirectly threatened him not to do that.

"We have asked to prepare a special resting place. Please take a rest", she said. "I am visiting my father. I can visit him, right? Or should I get your father's and uncle's permission", you asked.

"No Princess, you can. Still, you should rest'', he gulped. The palace was filled with chaos. They momentarily forgot who has the ruling power. You moved forward with Jungkook while Jimin already excused himself.

"Why is he not coming with us?" Jungkook asked. "I told you that he is a royal spy. He would go around to gather some information to report his head", you said.

"Oh!" Jungkook followed you with other soldiers. The general invited you inside the palace and took you to your father's room. They stopped everyone except you from entering the room. "Why?" you questioned.

"The King is sick, so to avoid unnecessary noise and trouble, please visit him alone", he said. "I will be taking him with me", you pointed at Jungkook. "Who is he, Princess? I was about to ask you before", he said.

"He is my brother's commander. Now will you let him in?" you were losing your patience. They were behaving like they were the only ones who care about the King and his safety. "Even then, other than the royal family no one is allowed inside '', he sternly said.

"Who ordered you that?" you asked him. "As the Crown Prince is not here, things are difficult. We need to take care of people's affairs as well. So, we have made this rule. Also, not to disturb the King'', he said.

"Who takes care of the administration works, who takes care of the cases that come to the court?" you asked him. "My son takes care of those, Princess", he said. "Why didn't you inform me or the Crown prince about this?

I understand why the Head minister visited me now", you crossed your arms. "Anyway, I will take him in", you said. "I can't allow that", he said and signalled the guards. "Jungkook, don't let them touch you, if needed don't hesitate to slice the heads", you said.

He pulled out his sword in a go. The general's brother rushed to the spot. "Princess, please don't do this. Brother, let her go in with him", he pleaded to his brother.

There was a rage in your eyes. You entered the room finally. "Y/n ah", your mother's eyes glistened. "How are you mom? How are you dad?" your eyes glistened looking at your father's state.

"I am old and not good", he chuckled. "Are you even eating healthy? Who gives you medicines? Are they even working?" you bombarded the questions. Jungkook stood a little away from you. While the General was controlling his fuming anger.

"Y/n, don't worry about me. You could have stayed comfortably in our old palace. Why are you stressing yourself?" he caressed your cheeks as you sat near him in the bed.

"This is nothing. I have planned to stay for a long time here", you smiled. "What about your brothers?" he asked. "Taehyung is making a move to build a port while Namjoon is making sure to catch the runaway traitors and the enemies ', you said.

"Ah! He is Jeon Jungkook, our Namjoon's commander in chief", you introduced him. Jungkook bowed politely. "Do you have any news from my son?" he asked. "I do, your Highness", he pulled out a letter.

The generals gasped while you widened your eyes as well. "I want to talk to my father privately. Ask everyone except Jungkook and mother to leave the room", you said. "That's not necessary, your Highness.

We would also like to know about the crown prince", Sang Tae said. "No", you abruptly stood up. "If I can't even trust my daughter, what's the use? Calm down, General. Please give us some alone time", your father said.

Your mother also left the room as she was never interested in politics. Jungkook gave the letter to your father. He read the letter. "As expected, he is telling me that there might be some people inside the palace working against me.

But he never mentioned that he was going to return any time soon", he sighed. "He hates me, I don't know why", your father sighed. "He doesn't hate you, Your Highness.

He wants to make sure that our kingdom wouldn't face any major problems or security problems once he returns here. We still don't know about the motive of the nearby kingdoms who are extending their hands for friendship", Jungkook said.

"What a good child! You chose your words wisely but at least tell him that his mother wants to see him. About the younger one, leave him whatever he wants to do. Let him come back with every experience he gained", he said.

You just nodded. "About the other thing he mentioned, I think he is mentioning the Generals. They are taking control over everything. A lot of ministers couldn't even meet you just because they are not on their side", you said.

"I know y/n ah. But what can I do? They are working hard as well", he said. "They are working hard to pull your sons down or they might even put them in eternal danger", you said.

"Father, order them to give the head minister the respect he deserves and allow him to do his duty", you said. "I will. Don't worry. Take rest and we will discuss later", he sent you both away.

You reached the place where they allocated a royal house for your stay. "Why didn't you tell me?" you crossed your arms. "Sorry, your Highness, your brother asked me to keep it a secret till I visit the King", he scratched his head.

"You work for me. How could I trust you if you are keeping things from you?" you asked. "I am sorry. I swear nothing else is there to hide from you", he said.

You still pouted. He found that adorable. He smiled like a bunny. "Princess y/n, Chang Mi is here to see you", a guard announced. "The mastermind is here", you chuckled. "Let her in", you said.