Part 20

"The future Queen, Princess Heo So Hyun is here", the announcer announced. The country slowly forgot all the mishap happened and started to celebrate as their soon to be King is getting engaged.

Yuri welcomed her. You were still taking care of Jungkook. She greeted everyone and finally she met Namjoon privately. "I was so worried about you, your Highness", she said. "I am fine now, Princess. I am really fine", he said.

"I heard that Jungkook was the one who saved you", she said. He nodded. "Thankfully", she muttered. "You look tired and sick", she was worried about him. He just chuckled.

"It's just we went through a lot of things. Everything is coming back to places", he said. She just smiled. "I thought that you would reject me", she said. "Why would I?" he lied not to hurt her. "Just. I always thought that you had someone else", she pouted.

He shook his head. "If so, why would I agree to marry you and make you my Queen?" he asked. "Can I hug you?" she asked. He opened his arms for her. "I was scared. I was so scared that I would lose you", she said. "It's alright now", he held her gently.

"I have to thank Jungkook first. If you have time shall we meet in the evening?" she asked. He agreed. He decided to move on and he was doing it well. Jungkook started to move around.

You were just applying for medicines. That's when So Hyun arrived. "Y/n?! Finally, I found you", she squealed. "Eonnie?!" you immediately hugged her. "I am sorry. I didn't come to receive you", you said.

"It's okay. Oh! Jungkook, how are you? Thank you for saving him" she asked, concerned. "I am good, Princess. Soon, I will resume my regular activities. Also, don't thank me. It's my duty", he said.

"You know him?!" you were surprised. "Of course, I do. He is our grandfather's favourite kid. Thankfully, you are safe", she said. You smiled. "Naturally, you fell for him", she nudged you. You just smiled.

"I just can't wait to live in this palace, with all of you", she hugged you again. "Me too", you smiled. "Y/n, I was about to say there were few things I would like to change, Can I?" she asked.

"Of course, your Highness", you chuckled. "Also, about Yuri, she needs some more practice. She is going to be the Prince's wife but still lacking a few", she shook her head. "Train her", you giggled.

"But she is so sweet. I like her a lot", she chuckled. "Anyway, I will go and catch up with her", she said. "So, you both are going to ignore me", you faked your anger. "What to do?! We are going to be the women of this household and you are going to go out", she playfully replied.

You shook your head. After some chit chat with you and Jungkook she left. "You both are the same", he laughed. "I know. Taehyung used to call us Drama Queens", you smiled as well.

You sensed that your power inside the palace was decreasing. Everything changes when the time comes. It helped you to spend more time with Jungkook. Neither Hye Mi didn't try to meet Jungkook nor he asked about her. That was bugging you. You could feel at ease if they end it on a proper note. You know that Jungkook is on your side but still who can control certain things.

The country was getting ready to celebrate. So Hyun took control of the whole household in a day. Indeed she is a  future Queen. You were happy that your brother is marrying someone more capable.

One day, you were talking with Jungkook. Yuri came in. "Princess, King Min's family is moving to their wife's palace", she said. You nodded. "Uhm... Jungkook, Hye Mi wants to meet you", she said.

You looked at him while he just sighed. "Did she say any details?" he asked. "No. She just wanted to meet you. Maybe one last time", Yuri said. "I don't think I should go. It's better that way.

I know that she has feelings for me. I don't want to hurt her. I hope that she will understand, ''he said. "End it at once. Maybe that would be better", Yuri said and left. Your silence didn't go unnoticed by him.

"I will meet her and come. Let's meet in the evening", he said. You nodded. He smiled and turned around but he was stopped. You caught his sleeve like a child not wanting to let her favourite toy go.

He noticed that and smiled. He came closer to you and cupped your cheeks. "Y/n, no matter what, you are the only one for me. I am only yours", he assured. You hummed. "What should I do?" he thought, aloud.

He pulled you into a sweet kiss. "I don't want to get married in a hurry. I want to enjoy and appreciate every moment. That's why, I wanted to push it back", he said. "Oh!" you smiled. He hugged for a good minute and went.

You just smiled. You were finally relieved. Hye Mi was waiting for Jungkook. "How are you?" she asked, as soon he came. "I am doing good, Princess", he smiled.

"I was so scared that I was at fault", she said. "You were not. That's not your fault at all. Thanks to you, the Crown Prince was saved at the right time", he said. "I am leaving the palace. That's why I wanted to see you once", she said,

"Have a safe journey", he said. "Also, I am sorry because I can't reciprocate your feelings", he said. "It's totally fine. I heard how much love Princess y/n had for you. She was not even scared about anything.

She was ready to kill everyone who caused you pain. I gave up watching that. I am no one in front of her. She deserves all the love", Hye Mi said. Jungkook smiled. "Thank you, Princess", he said. Even though it will hurt her for a bit, she was also ready to move on.

As promised, Jungkook came to your room in the evening. You were standing by the balcony and watching the moon. He hugged you from the back tightly. You rested against his chest.

"What are you doing?" he asked you. "Just watching the sky", you said. He hummed in response and placed his chin on your shoulders. "Nowadays, you are staying inside a lot. Are you okay?" he asked you. You nodded.

"It's just I don't have any work. Besides, I feel like staying in more", you said. "I miss those times where you would sneakily watch me practice and workout", he chuckled. "What are you up to today?" you chuckled.

"I feel like something is bothering you y/n. You are not the same", he said. "Should I tell you the truth?" you asked him. "Yes, please", he said. "I am traumatized Jungkook.

I keep thinking about the day when they said that you are no more. I keep thinking about what would have happened if that was true. These huge walls are haunting me", you said.

"I am here, holding you in my arms", he said. "I am scared that someday it will be just a dream", you said. He made you face him. "Princess, do you want to go to your old palace?" he asked. "Huh?!"

"You don't like it here, do you? Or shall I take to the temples like we used to go? You need some change", he said. True! You were suffocated here. It didn't bring any happiness. "I would love to", you said.

He looked at your eyes deeply. "I will take care of you. I will protect you", he said. "Still, you are younger than me", you chuckled. "I will protect you, Noona", he whispered.

Your eyes widened. "Go and get some rest", you said. "Am I making you nervous, Noona?" he whispered again. "Jungkook-" He latched his lips on your neck.

You couldn't resist. You landed on the bed. He didn't cross the limit and stopped. "I want my happy y/n, back", he said, hovering over you. "You are my happiness", you pulled him to another kiss.