Part 16

Jungkook turned red. He was stuttering to form words. "What happened to Jeon Jungkook, a minute ago?" you chuckled. "How can you be so steady?" he asked. "Because it's me", you said, chuckling. "It's time for dinner. Some important decisions might be taken.

Also, keep a watch on everyone", you said. He nodded. Your grandfather was not invited. It seemed like they purposely left him. The dinner started. Everything was fine. You noticed that Chang Mi was unusually quiet. "Your Highness, as a part of strengthening our relationship we would like to bring a marriage proposal", Jin ki's father said.

The general squinted his eyes. He didn't know about Chang Mi's idea. Jin ki was also surprised. He looked at you. Well, he was looking at you for a long time. Jungkook noticed that. "It's not what I am thinking, right?" he thought to himself.

"Marriage proposal?!" Namjoon looked at you. You had no idea either. "I would like to introduce my daughter to you. I know that you are soon to be King, so it would be a pleasure if you chose the girl from our household", her father said.

Hye Mi was shocked to death. Chang Mi caught her hand, signalling to be quiet. The generals didn't see this coming. Hye Mi's father had different plans. If he gave her daughter to the current crown prince, he could just switch his support. Who knows she can become the Queen if she is his first wife.

"I will discuss with my grandfather and let you know, Mr Min", he politely dodged the question. You slightly took a quick deep breath. "Your grandfather?! He would never accept our family. He thinks that we are his enemy", he said.

"If you are ignoring him and gathering people, obviously he would think like that", you said. "That's, I want to give our crown Prince a warm welcome and a peaceful stay", he said. "Not just this time", you smiled at him. You could see the beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

"Y/n", Namjoon whispered. "Who gave you this idea? My brother is marrying your daughter?" you questioned. "Princess, I genuinely want to have a good relationship and strengthen our kingdom", he said. "If we refuse, are you threatening that you would not cooperate with us?" you asked.

"It's not like that", he searched for the right words. "Fine. I have no objections. I would like to have this sweet girl as my sister in law. We will let you know after discussing with our grandfather", you smiled. You stood up. "Please, have a great dinner. I will leave first '', you excused.

Chang Mi smirked a bit. Hye Mi bit her lips hard to prevent her from crying. Namjoon didn't come to any conclusions as he had different plans in his mind. Generals looked at each other. Jungkook left with Namjoon. "We will stay for two more days ', Namjoon said to Jungkook.

"Okay, your Highness", he bowed. You met Jungkook in your room. "Did you find anything odd?" you asked him. "Nothing, Princess. Uhm, except for the marriage proposal", he said. "I wonder who gave him this bold idea. It must be her'', you said.

"Our grandfather would never accept the proposal from this family. That's why Namjoon cleverly mentioned him", you said. "Then, why did you accept?" he asked. "I just played along as they don't reject the girl blindly if they approach for a wedding", you said.

"Then, will they reject the groom directly?" he asked. "They will. I have done that a lot of times ', you chuckled. "Unfair", he pouted. "Why? Are you thinking that I would reject you as well?" you asked him. "I have nothing to be proud of. With what achievement can I ask for your hands in marriage?" he chuckled.

"That is not important. You are already the commander in chief", you said. He shook his head. "Something more than that. I am not even a Prince", he sighed. "Stop pouting and sighing", you said. "Sleep well, but also try to be cautious. Don't let them kidnap you like last time", you said.