Chapter 3

The next day started and I got ready. My outfit choice was always simple, black was my happy color and that's most of the time the only color I would wear. The streets of New York were busy as always and I pushed my way through the crowd. The cute little café was my destination and I wanted a hot chocolate. I love the taste and the smell of hot chocolate.

It was raining again, and my long hair got curly. I brushed a hand through my curls and pulled my hood up. "I love rain" I whispered, when I walked into the café. "Me too" someone said next to me. I turned around and looked surprised. It was the first time that someone said something to me out of context. A gasp reached my ears and I saw that next to me was Wanda, again. "It's you, the woman I bumped into yesterday" Wanda said with red cheeks and looked me up and down. "That would be me" I said and pushed my hood off from my head. My hands combed through my hair. "I'm really sorry about yesterday" Wanda said, but I shrugged. "It's okay." "No, please let me make it up to you. Can I buy you your drink?" She asked and looked hopeful. A smile formed on my lips and I nodded. Wanda smiled too and grabbed my hand. She pulled me to the front and asked what I wanted. She ordered for the both of us and we sat down in a corner of the café. "Can I ask you something?" Wanda asked me. "You already did" I smirked, and she looked up confused, but then she noticed what I meant and laughed. "Funny, no, seriously, why were you running away from me yesterday?" "I told you, I can't see blood" I shrugged and took a sip of my hot chocolate. Wanda narrowed her eyes and I could feel that she doesn't believe me.

Wanda's phone buzzed and she looked at it. "Go on, I don't mind" I told her, but she shook her head. "No, it's just Tony Stark." My eyebrows raised and I asked, "Just Tony Stark?" It was her turn to smirk at me. "He's fighting with Steve at the moment and wants us all to pick his side" she told me, and I nodded. "Why is that?" I asked, my curiosity got the better of me. "Because off what happened in Lagos" Wanda looked down with sad eyes. "Yeah, I heard what happened there" I whispered. Wanda was quiet for a moment and I wanted to enter her mind, but it didn't work. Wanda's head shot up and her eyes widened. "What? What are you?" She asked suddenly and I tensed. "What do you mean?" "You tried to read my mind!" Her eyes turned red and now I knew why her blood smelled so different, she's a witch. "Fuck" I whispered and got up. I ran out of the café and out of Wanda's sight. With my phone in my hand I dialed the number from Damon and started running again. "Yes?" Damon answered his phone and I yelled "I know why her blood smells so different. She's a witch, Damon, a bloody witch!" "What? How do you know?" "I met her in a café, and she bought me a drink just a few minutes ago, when I tried to enter her mind I couldn't and she had fucking red eyes, Damon."

"Okay, calm down." "Calm down? Are you kidding me? She's a witch and I can't risk exposing myself, the whole vampire thing!" "Does she know that you're a vampire?" Damon asked me. "No" I whispered and stopped running. I was at my place and took a deep breath. Nothing was around me, nothing felt suspicious and I got inside. "Okay, if she doesn't know that you're a vampire it's a good sign, for now and if anything's going to happen call me and I'm on my way." "Thanks Damon" I sighed and sunk down against my door. "That's what families do for each other. Love you and call me" he said seriously. I promised him to call and we said goodbye. "Dammit" I screamed.