Chapter 13

Almost a week passed by without a call from the Avengers, I think Natasha said something to the others and made it clear that I needed space and time to sort thinks out. We talked a few times on the phone, she told me what happened at the compound and that Wanda asked for me a few times. It was after all a new life I'm getting myself into. It was Sunday morning and I came back from my morning run and walked to the little café where Wanda bought me the hot chocolate. I entered the café and took a deep breath. It smelled like fresh baked cookies and coffee, tea and hot chocolate. „Hey, what can I get for you?" the barista asked me, and I ordered a hot chocolate, as always. „Just a minute" he smiled at me and I saw him checking me out. When I got my drink, I turned around and saw someone familiar on one of the tables at the window. I took a moment to think about what I'm going to do and decided to say at least Hello. „Hey" I whispered when I reached the table. Green eyes met mine and a soft smile came to her lips. „Hey." Wanda looked at me with hopeful eyes and I sat down. Her smile widened a little bit and she sipped her drink.

„Are you okay? I haven't seen you for a week" Wanda asked me, and I nodded.  „Yeah, I'm okay, I was talking to Nat quite often and I needed to sort some things out.". Wanda's eyes got misty and I took her hand. „Hey, you okay?" She squeezed my hand and mumbled „Are you and Nat dating?" I pulled my hand back and narrowed my eyes. „What? No! Nat and I are friends, we're close, but nothing more." Wanda slouched, and she let her head down. „I'm sorry" she whispered. I took a deep breath and decided to take her hand again. „It's okay." „You're getting close with Natasha, you're avoiding me and you're not coming to the compound. Why are you doing all of this? Do you hate me so much for what I am?" Wanda got louder with every word and my jaw tensed. I don't like it, when someone is yelling at me. „Shut up Wanda or I'm leaving, do you understand?" I said to her in a serious tone and Wanda flinched. She looked down and folded her hands above her lap. Oh, Wanda is submissive, interesting. „I asked you a question!" „Yes, I understand" she said and looked up, her eyes wide. „Good, and now you're listening! I don't hate you Wanda Maximoff, you're attractive and I'm falling for you, but I can't let this happen! You're dangerous for me and I'm dangerous for you! I don't want to risk anything!" „Why not? I'm falling for you too; I think I already fell. Please let me in" she had tears in her eye, and she tried to take my hand, but I stood up and said „No, Wanda! You don't know me, I'm not good for you." With that I left the café,  but before the door closed, I heard a loud sob.

I pulled my phone out and called Damon. „Hello stranger" he said after he picked up. „Hello brother. I'm sorry I haven't called, it's a stressful time." „Yeah I thought you would say that, I was really close to come to New York!" „I'm sorry, okay, I'm sorry" I started to cry and searched for a quiet place. „Hey calm down, calm down. (Y/N) what's wrong? I haven't heard you cry in 50 years" Damon said in a calming voice. „I tried to avoid Wanda and got closer with Natasha, but while avoiding her I realized how strong my feelings for Wanda are and she told me she reciprocates my feelings, but I can't let this happen." „Why not? You deserve love" he told me. „I'm afraid to kill her" I cried out and sobbed. „That's it, I'm coming to New York!" And Damon ended the call, he didn't even give me a chance to respond. I stood there, tears streaming down my face, mouth agape and with wide eyes. I slapped my hand over my mouth to stop the sobs. „Fuck!" My legs brought me home as fast as they could, and I slouched down the door. Tomorrow evening he would be here. I grabbed my phone and called the only person I really wanted to see. It took a few minutes, but then came a respond „Hey fossil." „I need you" I cried, and Natasha quickly said „I'm coming, see you in 5!"

And she was here after 5 minutes, didn't said a word and just hugged me. „I'm here calm down. What happened?" „Wanda! She was in the café and we talked, and I told her how I'm feeling and then I yelled at her and left" I told Nat and she pulled me closer. „And Wanda? What did she say?" „She said she has feelings for me and asked me if we're in a relationship and why I hate her so much. That I'm avoiding her, that I'm not at the compound" I was rambling again and sobbing.  „Wait, wait, wait, what? She thought we're a thing?" I nodded, and Natasha laughed. My head shot up and I wiped some tears away. „Why are you laughing?" „Because its so hilarious, the imagination that she thinks I'm in a relationship with you" she laughed uncontrollably, and I hit her. „Hey! You want to tell me something or what?" While I watched Natasha laugh a smile creeped onto my lips and I started too. „I hate you!" I said to her and hit her again. „You love me" she smiled and shoved me a little bit away. „Better?" „Better,, thanks Nat!" „You should give Wanda a chance!" „And if I bite her or worse, kill her?" „You won't, I believe in you." We stood up from the floor and grabbed a bottle of whiskey. „My brother is coming" I sighed and gulped a whole glass of whiskey down. „What?"