Ch.30 "Texting Blondie"

The doctor and nurses didn't leave me alone from lunch to dinner. Telling me what I need to know about my arm's situation and what I should and should not do. I went through this before, and as I lied down on my hospital bed, I wondered if my arm was capable of taking any more damage.

Dinner wasn't at all appetizing, but I ate anyway. It's not like I ate because the nurse was going to bite my head off if I didn't eat anything, I wasn't scared of her...Until she showed her fangs which made me swallow everything on my plate.

I knew they were fake fangs...I wasn't scared...I'm not dumb.

My body itched at me to get up, to walk around, to move, even for a little bit, but I couldn't. The doctor's instructions were clear, I shouldn't move unless it was necessary. I wondered if they said that because they knew I was a stupid reckless spy.

A sigh, that's all my mouth could let out at the moment beside disappointment.

Prom was in two weeks. Not like I cared.

My arm would heal in six-to-eight weeks. They would let me out of the hospital on Friday. I had a lot of free time, and I missed my bedroom.

I inhaled, exhaled, and repeated. Inhaled, exhaled, thought about something stupid, inhaled again, exhaled again-

Let the doctor go to hell. I'm getting up.

I put my right hand against the mattress and gently pushed myself into a sitting position. My eyes turned to my bandaged arm, then to the blanket, then to what I wore.

I hated this hospital gown. Why didn't I ask for my old clothes? Well, it's not like I could change into them without bumping my arm into something a million times anyway.

I got up and sat on the chair to the right of the bed. The relief of moving after sitting in that bed for a whole day was unimaginable.

I would get up to walk around after a moment. I missed sitting in an actual chair, even though it's only been a day of this hospital bullshit.

My phone interrupted that relief. I stretched my right arm to pick it up from the table near my bed. I dropped it but caught it by the edge.

Lloyd sent me a text. And I forgot who I was for a second.

Lloyd:
"Are you still awake?"

Crap, who am I now? Y/n or S/n? Lloyd knows both.

Oh, he has Y/n's number only.

Y/n:
"I am."

Lloyd:
"Great! I just wanted to talk for a bit, if that's okay."

Y/n:
"Sure, what do you want to talk about?"

Lloyd:
"I'm grounded...again. And I'm very upset. What do I do?"

Y/n:
"You want my advice?"

Lloyd:
"Yeah. What do you do when you're upset?"

Run away from my problems...and Garmadon.

Or read fanfiction. But that's not something you mention to anybody.

Y/n:
"Listen to music."

Lloyd:
"What kind of music?"

Y/n:
"Well, I've been listening to f/mg (Favorite music genre) recently."

Lloyd:
"Sounds good, what do you recommend?"