Ch.43 "Stop Murdering People"

Lloyd's heart almost stopped beating.

How? How did she know? Was she just suspecting it or did she really know the truth? And...does she know about the Green Ninja? Lloyd had so many questions that he could not risk to ask due to possibility that he might be wrong and could expose himself.

His mom stopped the car and looked at him. She wasn't mad at him, she only looked concerned as he tried to gather his thoughts and arrange them into an understandable sentence.

"What...exactly...are you talking about?" was all he could ask.

"You know exactly what I mean. And by your reaction, I understand that you are, in fact, associated with some girl who works for your father."

"No, I'm not. I would never."

"Oh really? Then why did your therapist mention that her friend who works as a nurse saw you and Y/n at the hospital asking about some girl who was wearing an outfit that clearly stated she works for your father when she arrived? And that she overheard her calling someone and telling him that you don't have four arms like he does? How do you explain that?"

Lloyd was more curious about the conversation S/n had with his father than the fact that his mother exposed half the truth right in front of him.

"Are you going to answer or not?" she asked, getting impatient.

"Do I have to?"

She nodded.

He sighed. "Fine...I'll tell you."

"Not in the car, let's go home."

Lloyd looked out the window, they were already in front of their apartment building.

His mom said as she started driving again, "I just have to park the car and then we'll speak at home."

"Okay..." Lloyd wished for the best.

~~~

Lloyd sat on the couch next to his mother and started speaking.

"I met her a couple of times during my dad's attacks. During the mech explosion on TV, her arm got burned and I helped her out-"

"You sneaked out of school?"

"Let's not change the-"

"No, tell me."

He had to, was what he wanted but could not say.

He confessed, "Yes, I sneaked out of school."

"Why? Why did you put yourself in danger? Didn't I always say-"

"I know, I know. It was a stupid move and I regret it. But what if I didn't leave? I wouldn't have been able to help that girl, and I don't think anyone would've helped, they were all running away to 'safety', and such a place didn't exist."

She kept her silence, letting him continue without interruptions.

"I met her again after another attack, the day I stayed up all night out of the house and you got worried..." he thought about his next sentence, what he would say, how he would explain why he was out in the forest at night...alone.

"I..." He tried to start, "I was out in the..." He couldn't keep doing it, he couldn't keep lying to his mother.

He looked her straight in the eyes and said, not caring enough to predict her upcoming reaction, "Mom, I'm not who you think I am."

She gave him a confused look, but let him continue.

Lloyd Garmadon, the Green Ninja, finally explained everything including his double life to his mother who, surprisingly, did not yell or show any sign of anger.