Seven

Captain Levi kept his promise to me, for the past few months he's woken me up at the crack of dawn and pushed me to my limit. But this morning was different, I sat on the grass with two cups of black tea as I watched the sun rise. I smirked when I heard the door open and turned my head when I heard the footsteps stop. Captain Levi stared at me in surprise " You're already awake?" " Yes sir, and I've got your favourite " I held up the second cup of tea. Levi took the cup from my hand before sitting down and taking a sip " This is actually really good Cadet, who thought you how to make tea like this?" He asked " My mom did when I was little, before she died". " How did she die?" He asked slowly " My parents loved reading about the world outside the walls, they had so many books about it. They use to read to us every night about mountains covered in snow, and some with fiery tempers that shoot fire out of them. And the ocean " I smiled.

I looked at Levi and shook my head " When my brother and I were kids they left us in the care of our grandfather. They built a hot air balloon and tried to fly over the walls.....but it failed and they crashed and died" " I'm sorry for your loss" " Thanks". " Can I ask why you're sitting out here? Usually I have to drag your lazy ass out of bed. So why are you out here?". " Its um..an anniversary. Two actually " " An anniversary of what?" He asked before taking a mouthful of tea. " The anniversary of my marriage " Levi spit his tea across the grass before looking at me completely shocked " You were married? How?" " I got married when I was seventeen" " That's ridiculously young to get married. Wait, if you're married then where is your husband?".

" That's what the second anniversary is" I quickly wiped my tears " He..um died" " He died on your wedding anniversary?" " He died on our wedding day". Levi gave me a sad look " I am so sorry" " Its not your fault the wall fell" I smiled. " You got married on the day the wall fell? That means-" " Yeah, he-" " You don't have to say it. I'm sorry Y/N" I looked at Levi surprised. " Your using my name Captain?" I asked confused " Please, call me Levi. I think after this conversation we're a little closer to be using such formalities" he smirked.

" Wait, you didn't tell me anything about you", Levi sighed " I had a hard life growing up. My mother died, I don't know who my dad is and I was raised by a killer. The end." I laughed a little before resting my head on Levi's shoulder, " Thank you Levi" " Anytime" he leaned his head against mine. We quickly pulled apart before going to our usual training before breakfast. I sat with my friends and laughed as I listened to them arguing like they did most mornings. I tried to pay attention to the conversation but my mind was focusing on this morning, how close Captain Levi and I were. How we shared our pasts with each other...how we cuddled together...maybe.

No! What the hell is wrong with me? Theres no way Captain Levi would ever look at me like that. I'm nothing more than another cadet he has to train, so get these stupid thoughts out of your head. " Y/N, tell Oruo he's a dumbass!" Petra pulled me back to reality " Me? You're the one who has a crush on Captain Levi " Oruo snapped at her. I felt myself freeze....Petra has a crush on Captain Levi. I looked at her with wide eyes, not wanting to believe it but her red face told me everything was true. " Shut up! Its nothing more than a silly crush" she argued. " Yeah right, what about you Y/N? Have you taken a fancy to someone?" " Huh? No of course not" I spat.

" When Petra gets with Levi, maybe we could set you up with Commander Erwin" Oruo laughed. I hit him on the head, " Dont be a creep!" " Then who do you like?" " Nobody, I'm not here for fun. I'm here to protect everyone from the titans. Nothing more" " That's such a boring answer". " Oi! Some of us are trying to eat!" Levi yelled at us " Sorry Captain" I smiled " Brats" he scoffed. After breakfast we were scheduled to have a meeting with Captain Levi,  Section Commander Hange and Commander Erwin to discuss what team we'd be moved to. Since we had been here for almost a year.

I stood in line next to Petra, Oruo and two others as the three highest ranks stared at us. " Good morning cadets, as I'm sure you are aware today we'll be deciding where you shall be placed for the rest of your career in the scouts. Section Commander Hange, Captain Levi and I have all discussed everything so what happens here is final. Hange I'll let you go first ". " I want Zana and Mike" the two people walked out of line and stood behind Hange. " Levi" Erwin nodded. " I want the rest of you" my eyes widened " You are going to be apart of my Levi squad" Erwin spoke up.

Levi rubbed his head " I wish youd stop calling it that" " You three will be apart of Levi's new team. He already has two other men on his side so with you three additional cadets you should have a pretty outstanding team Levi" Erwin smiled proudly. " That's for me to decide Erwin. You three follow me". We followed Levi inside the HQ building to the dinning room where two men were sitting at a large table. " Sit" Levi barked at us before standing in front of us, " I want to be perfectly clear that I didnt want a team of my own. But as a Captain it is required of me, so together we will be the best team in the scouts. Now introduce yourselves and I'll be right back ".

As Levi left we all introduced ourselves to Gunther and Eld, they were older than us but not by much. Captain Levi came back with a tray full of tea and set it down before sitting at the head of the table next to me. He raised his cup " To the Levi squad " " To the Levi squad!" We all chanted before taking a sip of tea. Everyone seemed to hate the tea but I thought it was delicious " Is this just black tea?" Oruo asked " Its delicious Oruo" I smiled as I took another sip " Thank you Captain". Levi sighed before grabbing my head and forcing me to face him " I thought I told you to call me Levi" " Yes, sorry sir". " Do we all call you Levi, Captain?" Petra asked, you could hear the excitement in her voice to get close to the Captain.

" No, only people who have earned it can call me by my name. As Y/N and I have been training for months together, she has earned that right. As has Eld and Gunther you have been fighting along side me for years". " Will we be privately training with you Captain? So we can get to know each other one on one?" " No. We're a team now, so we'll be working and training as one. For today your all dismissed".