Eighteen

I sat outside with my thoughts for what felt like hours, I was debating the pros and cons of leaving the Levi squad, or if I'd even be allowed to. " You're thinking too hard" I jumped in fright as Eld stood in front of me " Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" He laughed " Sorry I was lost in thought" I smiled " How's the cleaning coming along?" " Alot slower with you not helping, Levi doesn't seem to like how we clean, " He joked. " What were you thinking about?" ," Nothing is important," I said with a forced smile. " Y/n, you know there's other men." " What?" I asked, startled. " I'm not saying me! I'm just saying, you're still young, you don't have to worry about it so much. So don't be so hard on yourself. Heartache is part of growing up. You'll be okay. " He smiled.

The next day, Hange moved in with her squad and two titans she had captured the day of Trost. " Y/n, let me introduce you!" Hange squealed " This is Sawney and this is Bean" she grinned " After the murders?" " Yes!". She grabbed my arm and shook me out of excitement, I winced out in pain. " Oi shitty glasses! Youre hurting my cadet" Levi snapped " Oops sorry!". Erwin came up behind me " Nothing has changed?" He whispered " Yeah, it's still the same" " My apologies". " Erwin, now that you're here. Can I talk talk you privately?" " How's your shoulder?" " What? I guess it's fine,it may need a couple more days. Why?" " No reason, come to my office once your arm is healed. Then we'll talk".

It was a weird request but I did as I was told. A couple days later I got the all clear from the doctor, my hand and shoulder were fully healed and I was clear to go back to work. I made my way to Erwins office, bumping into Levi on the way. " Sorry, Captian. " Where are you going?" " To see Commader Erwin sir, the doctor gave me the all clear. " " Good, I'll look forward to whipping you back into shape tomorrow. " I knocked on Erwins door, " Come in," he called, I opened the door and saluted him. " Ah Y/n I'm guessing the doctor gave you the all clear?" " Yes sir. "

" That's good to hear. What was it you wanted to speak to me about?" He asked. I shut Erwins office door behind me and sighed. " Sir, if it's okay with you, I wish to be transferred to another squad." Erwin's eyes widened as he looked up at me." I'll admit that's not what I was expecting you to ask. Why would you want to leave the Levi squad? You're the second in command."

" I know it sounds unprofessional, sir, but the pain from our breakup is still too fresh to be around him." Erwin gave me a sad look." I understand that. It can be hard to move on or heal a broken heart when the one who broke it is so close." Erwin leaned back in his seat and sighed before looking back at me." Are you sure about this? If I approve of this transfer, you will go down in the ranks, and you will never be able to be transferred back."

" I understand that, sir. I think it would be best if I be taken off the Levi squad." Erwin nodded his head." Okay, let me look through my files for today and see where i can transfer you. For now, keep this between us and relax on your last day of leave.". " I will, thank you, Commander." I saluted him before taking my leave.

I made my way to the hall for breakfast, I pushed the door open and smiled when I saw Petra and Ouro arguing. " I see some things never change," I laughed as I wrapped my arms around the two. " Y/N!" My squad yelled before wrapping their arms around me in a big group hug. " How are you feeling?" Petra asked." I feel good. The doctor gave me the all-clear, so I'm fit to work come tomorrow."

" Thank the walls!" Gunther yelled out, pulling me into him and spinning around." What are you doing?" I laughed as he put me back down. " I can't take another day of Levi being in a grumpy mood because you're not on the squad." My eyes widened." What?" I asked.

" Levi hasn't stopped asking us about you. How is she? Has her injuries healed? Bla bla" Ouro rolled his eyes " He was asking us today why you were going to see Commader Erwin and this idiot pipes up and says, we don't know why don't you go ask her yourself? Aren't you two together." Petra mocked Ouro. " It was getting annoyed!"

" Where is he now?" I asked in a panic." He went to speak to Commander Erwin." Eld spoke up.
Fuck. I nodded my head. " Well, can I join you for breakfast?" I asked." Of course, come on, we have to catch up."

After a while, the doors to the mess hall opened, Levi stormed into the room and stopped at our table. I turned in surprise as he sneered down at me, " My office now." " What?" I asked, confused." Don't make me repeat myself." ," Captian, what's going on?" Petra asked. " It's none of your concern. Cadet Arlet, let's go. " He snapped at me.

I quickly got up and followed Levi to his office in silence. He slammed his door shut and locked it behind me. " You asked to be transferred out of my squad?" Levi asked." I did, sir. ", " Cut the formalities Y/N!" Levi yelled at me. He stormed past me, leaning against his desk with his arms crossed. " Why?" ," I thought it would be easier for the both of us if I left."

" How could that possibly be easy for either of us?" " Because I can't keep hurting my heart by seeing you, Levi." Levi gave me a confused look." What are you talking about?", " You broke my heart, Levi!" I yelled, the tears finally starting to fall from my eyes. " I can't keep being around you, I can't be your second in command when it hurts so fucking much to be around you."

Levi's eyes widened " Why? What have I done?" I looked at Levi." You broke up with me, Levi." " What?! When did I do that?" He yelled, standing up from his desk. " You keep calling me cadet Arlet, you keep yelling at me, you refuse to look at me or speak to me if it isn't about work. It's obvious we broke up."

" I never said I wanted to leave you.", " Well, you made it pretty clear to me.", " Where's your necklace?" He asked, his eyes examining the empty space around my neck." I took it off, and I gave it to Erwin to give back to you." " Why did you take it off?". " I already told you why." ," I don't know what gave you the impression I didn't want to be with you anymore, but get that thought out of your head."

" How? How can I possibly do that when you've been treating me like a new cadet? That's nothing but a burden to you!". " I was hurt Y/N!" Levi yelled at me. " We've been together for two years! And as soon as that brat was in a cage, you told me not to go near you or your kids! How am I supposed to keep my distance from you and still show you I care if you didn't want me near you?".

" I tried to apologise to you, and you spat it back in my face," " Because the wound was fresh Y/N." Levi sighed. " We both obviously haven't been communicating properly. We both need to work on that, but I don't want to break up Y/N, I don't want you to leave me or my squad."

" Commader Erwin already said he would transfer me." ," You really think I'd let him take you away from me? He may be the commander, but I'll break his arm if he even tried."

Levi sighed and took my hands gently in his " I'm sorry Y/N. We obviously need to work on a few things, but I still love you, and I'm not letting you go anywhere. Can you forgive me for being an asshole?". Levi stroked my cheek. " Please forgive me, Y/N, I'll be between. I promise, just give me one more chance." 

" Okay," I smiled . But please never shut me out like that again." " I won't, I promise."