Preparations for the cup

*Leo's POV*

It has been 2 weeks since we came back from our trip and the Junior Nationals cup starts in week and there are 32... THIRTY TWO!! Teams playing in this cup, if these were basted of statics our chances of winning would be 3.125% but of course it may be higher because we have a really good roster this year and Chris and I will make sure to take us to the finals.

I woke up tired because I slept late last night, I didn't feel sleepy or tired which was unusual because we trained the whole of yesterday and guess what we have training today as well.

The training may be lighter than yesterdays but you still need to take into account that I barely slept so I need caffeine to wake me up. I rolled of my bed and went to my bathroom and brushed my teeth, since we will be training I won't bother to shower. I wore the schools soccer uniform and left to my favourite coffee shop.

I sprinted to the coffee shop and luckily there wasn't a huge line like they usually do. "Hi Leo, how are you?" Kate asked, she is one of the baristas here and we are friends, we have gone out a couple times and she is pretty cool. "Hey Kate, I'm good and you?" I asked her back. "I am okay, the usual?" she asked, I nodded confirm her question.

A few seconds later my drink was ready, I ordered an iced coffee with cocoa powder and extra sugar because the coffee beans they use here are really strong. "Here, it will be €2." I hand her a €5 bill and tell her to keep the change as the tip but she is like me. She refused politely but I wasn't going to take the change back mostly because I don't have pockets to put the change in.

"Just take it or you can put it in the donations jar I guess." I suggested and she agreed. I thanked her for the drink and I left going to the field because we are starting in about 10 minutes so I don't have to run my way there. I savoured every sip I took from my coffee, it felt refreshing yet energising.

I got to the field a bit earlier than intended; I guess I dashed a bit on my way here. I haven't seen anyone here yet so I decide to start stretching my feet, legs and torso. I did some jumping jets and I ran 3 laps around the field so I would get my body to warm up.

As I finished my 3rd lap I saw everyone come in simultaneously. "Hi everyone!" I yelled because they were decently far way. "Hey Leo!" they all greeted back. Chris walked towards me and gave me what he calls "Good morning" kiss, it is mostly a kiss on the cheek but someone I may want more it may depend on my mood that day.

"Form a line everyone." We heard coach say so we formed a line. "Alright everyone today we are going to be forming our definite line up so we will be testing everyone's abilities and I will be making the line ups according to the results. We all saluted "Sir! Yes sir!" and he just started chuckling.

"Today's first test will be speed." This one is in my bag; besides Chris and Ney no one will be adversary that can math or surpass my speed. "Leo you are first." It's a 50 meter run so it's a little less than half a field. I heard the whistle and started running, "6 seconds... really impressive keep it up" he gave me a thumbs up. Chris managed to get 6.4 seconds whilst Ney surpassed me with 5.8 seconds.

After a day filled with tests we finally had the line ups. I am now the Right Midfielder, Ney is Holding Midfielder, Ben the Attacking Midfielder, Sergy is the Box-to-Box Midfielder, Marcelo the Left Fullback and Chris was the Left Midfielder. After we set the line ups we practiced attacks and defences for an hour or two before calling of the training session.

I didn't stay longer than needed, when coach dismissed us was when I left. I wouldn't bother to talk to someone I just rushed towards my dorm.

I got to my door and when straight to the bathroom to take a much needed shower because I smelled disgusting. I opened the shower and hot water started to flow, steaming the room in the process. The windows and the mirrors are now blurred by the steam.